BUK POST UTME
Bayero University, Kano, BUK post UTME screening application form for the 2021/2022 academic session is here . The minimum required cut-off point is has been discussed here..
BUK is an acronym for Bayero University, Kano. The University is located in Kano which is in the Northern part of Nigerian and is also one of the civilized states in the country.
It was established in 1975 when it was upgraded from college (Bayero University College) to a University. This move made it the first University in Kano State. The vice Chancellor of this prestigious University is Professor Muhammad Yahuza Bello.
Bayero University requirement and application 2021/2022
There are quite a number of departments in Bayero University, Kano. When it comes to the eligibility criteria of the Jamb cut-off mark you must make to be considered for admission into the school, it is not exactly static.
In other words, the different faculties and Departments all have a required cut-off mark that you must attain as a prospective candidate to be granted admission into Bayero University, Kano.
For example, the Faculty of Clinical Science, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Allied Health Sciences, and Law all require prospective candidates to score at least 220 or above in their UTME.
In the Faculty of Communication, only the department of Mass Communication requires the UTME cut-off mark of 220 while the other departments in this Faculty require 180.
The other faculties also require the cut-off mark of at least 180 to be eligible to acquire the Post UTME form.
Also, ensure that you have, at least, 5 credit in your O’level result specifically in relevant subjects.
The second eligibility criteria requires that prospective candidates must have chosen BUK as their first choice.
How to Apply for Bayero University post UTME 2021/2022
- The application process is quite easy. To begin, log into the school’s website at www.buk.edu.ng and tap on the Post UTME application portal.
- Once you get to the portal, your login details would be your UTME registration number and UTME score after which you would upload a soft copy passport photograph of yourself.
- Proceed to fill the Applicant’s Particulars Form.
- After filling this form, you would be able to generate and print out your payment invoice for the screening form which is worth two thousand, five hundred naira.
- The essence of printing out the invoice is so as to enable you pay the money at any bank near you.
- Once you’ve paid the money, login to the registration portal to validate and print out your personalized examination card.
- This card is your pass to taking the examination.
Until the date the exam is scheduled to hold, get busy with preparing yourself for the exam.
More on BUK post utme 2021
A little walk down memory lane, BUK was initially known as Ahmadu Bello College and was established in 1960 by Isa Kaita who was the Northern Nigeria Ministry of Education.
He wanted senior secondary school certificate holders to undergo G.C.E and A’ Level in Arabic, Hausa, Islamic History, Islamic studies and English Literature. However, the moment ABU Zaria was established, the name of this college changed to Abdullahi Bayero College.
Abdullahi Bayero was the then Emir of Kano. Then, when 1975 came, it was fully upgraded into a University and was now called the Bayero University, Kano.
The University has Seventeen faculties and some research centres. The faculties include:
- the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Life Science, Faculty of Earth and Environmental Studies, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Management Science, the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Communication, Faculty of Physical Science and Faculty of Basic Medical Science.
These Faculties all have various departments. Some of the Research Centres in the school include:
- Center for Advanced medical research, center for infectious diseases, center for Gender Studies, Center for Islamic Studies, Center for Dryland Agriculture, Center for Biotechnology Research, Center for Renewable Energy and Center for the Study of Nigerian Languages.
In addition to the Faculties and Departments in the school, the only International Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance (IIIBF) in the country is located on the BUK campus.