federal government scholarship 2021/2022 result |BEA www.education.gov.ng portal login |
Who does not like to win a scholarship! One cannot undermine the impact of scholarship as it serves as a good leverage point. Amazingly, the Federal Government of Nigeria also offers scholarships.
This article will give you all the necessary details needed in applying for a Federal Government scholarship with an emphasis on the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. students to study Overseas.
Emphasis will also be on the Federal Government Scholarship awards tenable in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions for Nigeria Award Sustainable Development Goals (SDG); this is open to Girls only. The information that this article will provide will cover details such as:
- About the Federal Government Scholarships
- The eligibility criteria’s
- Scholarships benefit
- How long the scholarship will last for
- How to apply for the scholarship
- Other necessary information
About the Federal Government Scholarships
These scholarship awards are accessible annually in Nigeria. The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and the Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
For the Bilateral Education Agreement, Undergraduate studies are acceptable in Morocco, Russia, Hungary, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Macedonia, Japan, Cuba, Tunisia, Serbia, and Egypt,
while Postgraduate studies are acceptable in China, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Russia (this is for those who got the first degree in Russia), etc.
The Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) is called the Nigeria Award/ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). It is opened for Girls in Nigeria alone.
Eligibility Criteria’s for Federal Government Scholarships
Since the focus is on two different Federal Government scholarship awards, we will divide the scholarships into two segments.
Bilateral Education Agreement
For the undergraduate scholarship;
- All undergraduate students must have a minimum of five distinctions, which could be A’s or B’s in their senior secondary school certificate. The distinctions should only apply to their field of study of which English language and mathematics are necessary.
- The certificates must not be more than two years old from the year of the scholarship application.
- There is an age limit, which is from 18 and 20.
- For the postgraduate scholarship;
- All applicants must have a first degree, which must be at least a second-class upper division.
- Former beneficiaries of foreign awards must note that they should have accomplished at least two years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All the applicants must have finalized their NYSC.
- There is an age limit, which is 35 years for Masters also 40 years for Ph.D.
- There should be proof showing the willingness that their employers have released them.
In addition to the above criteria for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate, every applicant must know that they will undertake an obligatory foreign language for one year since BEA countries are non-English speaking. This foreign language will be the standard for communication.
Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA)
- Every applicant undergoing a Bachelor’s Degree, Higher National Diploma, or National Certificate Examination must be full-time students in their second year and above.
- Undergraduates, which includes the physically challenged, must have a 4.0 on a 5.0-point scale and a 5.0 on a 7.0-point scale.
- Postgraduate applicants must also be full-time students with a minimum of a second-class upper in their first degree.
For the Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship, the countries participating are accountable for the accommodation and the tuition.
Simultaneously, the Nigerian government is accountable for health insurance, supplement, warm clothing, take off, and research grants.
For the Nigeria award (NA) Sustainable development Goals (SDG) scholarship awards, the female beneficiaries will receive assistance in the payment of all institutional fees, charges, and personal maintenance.
Duration of the Scholarships
It all depends on the country and the level of study. The typical range is from 4-9 years.
Application for the Scholarships
For the BEA, the participating countries are expected to submit some documents of selected candidates to the Federal scholarship Board, such as;
- Required medical Reports
- Depending on its relevance, a Police clearance certificate
- Copies of original academic certificates
- Data page of current international passport
For the NA/SDG awards, you must follow the following procedures.
- Forms should be completed, submitted online, and printed out.
- It would be best you made photocopies of your letter of admission to the institution, current course registration form, CGPA results of every academic session, current school’s Identity card, an identification letter from your state/local government, and two duly signed passport photograph with your name at the back attached to the printed copy.
Other necessary information
Applicants must put in their center of choice since the test is current computer-based. They should also put in their preferred option of program in order of priority, and all applicants should beware of double entries to avoid disqualification.
During the interview, it is essential to note that all qualified applicants will need to bring two printouts of completed application forms with the following additions:
- An original with two photocopies of educational certificates and testimonials of the former schools attended.
- You can only bring a single senior secondary school certificate for undergraduate applicants.
- You should bring along two copies of your birth certificate gotten from the National Population Commission.
- Your state of origin or local government certificate should be dated, signed, and stamped.
- Four White background passport sized photographs.
- For postgraduate studies, NYSC discharge or exemption certificates coupled with your academic transcripts are needed.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by a team of bloggers for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better