FEDERAL POLY NEKEDE POST UTME
The Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, FPNO post UTME screening exercise application form for the 2023/2024 academic session admission into the institution’s various National Diploma (ND) full-time programmes is here.
See the requirements and how to apply for Federal polytechnic NEKEDE post UTME form below.
When Nigeria attempts to fulfil the need for trained manpower in the field of science, engineering and technology, it leads to the establishment of polytechnics like the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede.
It was initially established in 1978 on a temporary site by the Imo state government and was referred to as College of Technology, Owerri. It, however, moved to a permanent site in Nekede.
In April 7, 1993, it transitioned into a federal government institution. This transition earned it the name “Federal Polytechnic Nekede” which it is popularly known as.
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY
Just like every other school, the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede also has its requirements that help prospective candidates check if they are eligible to secure the Institution’s Post Utme Form and that would further lead to screening.
- Unlike most schools, you would be eligible to acquire the institution’s Post Utme form if you scored 180 or above in the general UTME.
- More so, ensure that while filling your UTME form, you selected the institution as either your first or second choice.
- Unlike other schools, Federal Polytechnic, Nekede does not emphasize the need to select them as first choice for you to be eligible to apply for the institution’s Post Utme.
How to Apply for Federal Polytechnic, Nekede post utme 2023/2024
Once you are eligible, watch out for when the school releases its Post UTME form. Once it is out, proceed to apply for it.
- Application for the Post UTME form is quite easy. Start by logging on to the school’s website: http://ndapplication.fpno.edu.ng/.
- Once you are on the site, generate your invoice and the application form.
- Ensure that you have the application fee which is a sum of two thousand naira that would be paid via any remitta platform.
- To complete your application, you would need some documents. They include: Your O’Level result (This includes your WAEC, NECO & NABTEB), your UTME score that should well be 180 or above and the correct UTME subject combination that fits the course you are applying for.
- With this said, it is therefore important that before you fill in your subject combination, read up on the proper and correct subject combination required for the course you wish to study as dictated by the school you want to study the course in.
This would go a long way in helping you prevent disappointment.
A general overview of the courses offered in this Institution at the undergraduate levels are the National Diploma and Higher Diploma courses.
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede proudly boasts of 5 faculties that effectively offer courses relevant to what it was established for. They are:
- Faculty of Engineering Technology(SET), Faculty of Industrial and Applied Science(SIAS), Faculty of Business Management Technology(SBMT), Faculty of Humanities and Social Science(SHSS) and Faculty of Environmental Development Technology(SEDT).
Basically, the school devoted to training students in skills that are both technical and professional.
The mission of the polytechnic is to “Nurture and sustain the culture of the best practices in teaching/learning methods, research/demonstrations, skills and technological innovation in order to produce job creators for the global economy”.
Hence, for anyone who is looking to become a job creator and an innovator, you might want to apply to the school and see what they make of you.
When it comes to school fees, the Institution’s fee varies based on your level. For example, If you are just gaining admission into ND1, the school fee is usually approximately around thirty thousand naira.
However, the school fees for ND2, HND1 and HND2 ranges between twenty three thousand naira to twenty nine thousand approximately.
Unlike other schools that address the school lead as “Chancellor and Vice Chancellor”, Federal Polytechnic, Nekede addresses their lead as “Rector”. The current Rector of the school that was appointed in 2018 is none other than Rev. Engr. Dr. Micheal Arimanwa.
He is a priest and the first Alumnus Rector of the school. He had earlier on in his life graduated from the department of Civil Engineering from Federal Polytechnic, Nekede.