Requirements To Study Food Science And Technology In UNIZIK
UNIZIK is a foremost public University located in the eastern part of Nigeria it is located along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway ifite road in Anambra state.
UNIZIK is the choice University for any Nigerian student aspiring for good education, this federal University consists of two campuses in the state it is located.
And because it was named after Nigerian Igbo premier Nnamdi Azikiwe the “Zik” of Africa, it has tried to live up to it’s name as a disciplined, self-reliant University known for academic excellence.
As a renowned university in Nigeria acceptance into it is quite rigorous but worth it, as it is known to provide good education, it has produced the likes of Destiny Etiko, Oge Okoye, and other notable Nigerians.
This article has been written to help you with relevant information with sole aim of helping you with ideas and what you should know so as to better equipped you hence we should be answering Questions like does UNIZIK offer food science and technology? Requirements to study food science and technology in UNIZIK and other questions you might have on your mind right now, so just scroll down and read on.
Does UNIZIK Offer Food Science And Technology?
Yes, it does! A University of this standing has up-to-date causes with world-class standards and so it’s only natural that it offers food science and technology. They also offer courses related to food science and technology like microbiology . They also have a food club that is tied to the food science and technology department at UNIZIK.
Lets move on to see the critical requirements that is needed to study food science and technology in a prestigious school like unizik
Requirements To Study Food Science And Technology In UNIZIK
To study food science and technology at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, you need to do everything within your power to meet this requirement you listed below, this will ensure that you didn’t only get admission and successfully passed the school screening but also graduate without any issues.
- All that is required is credit in these five subjects in either, WAEC, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB. You need to have the required UTME cut-off mark, you must write the post-UTME examinations required by the school and pass the cut-off mark.
- Your subject combination in Jamb must be correct.
- The subjects you must have credit passes in for you to gain admission for WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE are English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Agric Science. However, a D7 in mathematics may be considered, if the candidate has a credit in Physics. If the candidate has a D7 in Physics, a credit in mathematics will be considered.
UNIZIK Direct Entry Requirements
For admission through direct entry into Nnamdi Azikiwe University to study food science and technology you need these;
- You must have an HSC/GCE A’level in these subjects; Biology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Zoology, and most importantly you must also have one in Chemistry.
- You must have five credits and nothing lower than that in your SSCE examinations at ordinary level and it mustn’t be more than two sittings. These subjects include; Maths, Chemistry, English Language, Physics, Biology or Agricultural Science.
- Candidates with an ND/HND/NCE in food science and technology and courses like science laboratory technology and chemical engineering which are related to food science and technology will be considered for admission.
- Advanced general certificate of education level passes (These are the exams written in colleges of education or any other advanced college beyond secondary school) in biology, mathematics, physics, and chemistry will be considered for admission into a direct entry program.
Cut Off Mark For Food Science And Technology In UNIZIK
To be on a comfortable place and also be on a road map to study your dream career course, You must have at least 200 and above, this should be in jamb and post utme.
As you all know, Studying food science and technology in a school like Nnamdi Azikiwe University is quite competitive. You just need to have a good grade all round so as to beat others to stand a better chance on the school admission list.
Note that you can still apply for food science and technology in UNIZIK even with awaiting result. But once your results are out you will need to bring them for screening. Am sure that before the screening starts your O Level results will be out by then.
UNIZIK Subject Combination For Science And Technology
Gaining admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) requires each and every candidate or student to have the right subject combination as recommended by JAMB and NUC. Not getting the complete subject as discussed in this article might cause several issues along the line as you get to your departmental or faculty screening stages.
To help you on the right path we have taken it upon our self to show you the subject combination below:
Now that you have known the subject combination to study food science and technology in UNIZIK its now left for you to get this subject credit pass in your O level and also get a high score in jamb in the following subjects.
Does UNIZIK Accept Two Sittings For Food Science And Technology?
Yes UNIZIK accepts two sittings for food science and technology, however, it must not be more than two sittings. Two sittings are the maximum, anything more than that is already an automatic disqualification.
So if you’re reading this and you were hoping to get in with three or more sittings, I am sorry to break this to you but it will be rejected and you will most definitely not be considered.
Almost, if not all universities in Nigeria only consider two sittings, anything more than that is usually not accepted. It is not the fault of the university, instead, it is an attempt to keep the standard of education in Nigeria somewhat stable.
How Many Years Is Food Science And Technology In Nnamdi Azikiwe University?
In Nnamdi Azikiwe University, the duration of the food science and technology course is nothing less than 5 years for UTME candidates and for direct entry students it is 4 years.
If you are able to get all courses passed with out any carry over before your graduation year, you will be cleared to graduate and also proceed to serve.
This article is up to date with everything you need to know to gain admission into the Nnamdi Azikiwe University to study food science and technology. I hope it helps.