BUNIABUJA POST UTME
The University of Abuja, UNIABUJA post-UTME and also Direct Entry screening exercise application form for the 2022/2023 academic session is here.
UNIABUJA ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In life, getting your dream job, house etc always require something or some things and the same goes for becoming a student in UNIABUJA or any other school.
The fact that it’s your dream school or the school a relative would prefer you attend does not automatically qualify you for an admission into the school.
There are certain requirements you must meet if you would ever become a student and, ultimately, a graduate of the University of Abuja.
First thing to note in this race is that the requirements for admission into any of the faculties in UNIABUJA quite varies from one another. For starters, before you choose any course of your choice from the variety of courses that UNIABUJA has to offer, it’s important for you to do some digging and research into the field of the course you’re applying to.
As guideline to the course, ensure that you: Understand what the course is all about that is, the career path you can follow with the course, the requirement for your O’level result, the UTME subject combination, how many people you’re competing with to get secure yourself a mat number in the department.
You can analyse the competitiveness by trying to find out who applied for the course the previous year. You also need to be sure that the school offers the course you’re applying to study.
Finally make sure UNIABUJA is your first choice and also you have at least 180 in JAMB.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIABUJA POST UTME 2022/2023
Applying for the UNIABUJA post utme comes with no form of difficulty.
The first step to acquiring UNIABUJA’s post Utme is to ensure that your UTME score is nothing less that 180.
If you scored 180 or More, ensure that while filling your UTME form, you selected UNIABUJA as your first choice. This is the only way the school would consider admitting you into the school.
As regards your WAEC result, ensure that you must have 5 credits in the subjects relevant to the course you’re seeking admission for.
Once you have these three requirements, proceed to acquire the Post UTME form which goes for the sum of two thousand naira.
- Payment for the form is usually made through Remitta platform. All you need to do is log on to the post utme portal of the university: www.uniabujautme.com/putme.
- Create a profile once you get on the site with information like your Jamb registration number, email address etc.
- After creating a profile proceed to the payment page once you click on “proceed”.
- Here, you’ll select your preferred card type for payment, input your card details after which an Otp code would be sent to you from your bank to complete the transaction with.
- Re-login to the site once you’ve successfully completed payment and log in to your account.
- You would be able to access the Post UTME screening form where you’ll input your O’level result as well as your scratch card pin for verification of the result.
- The next stage requires you to select your mode of entry- UTME or Direct Entry (DE). Once you’ve done this, proceed to submit.
This is how you begin your journey to becoming a student of UNIABUJA.
The courses available in UNIABUJA includes:
- Accounting/ Accountancy,
- Agricultural Science and Education,
- Arabic Studies,
- Business Administration,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Christain Religious Knowledge/ Studies,
- Civil Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Drama/ Dramatic/ Performing Arts,
- Education and Arabic,
- Education and Biology,
- Education and Economics,
- Education and Christain Religious Studies,
- Education and English Language,
- Education and English Language and Literature,
- Education and Geography,
- Education and History,
- Education and Islamic Studies,
- Education and Integrated Science,
- Education and Mathematics,
- Education and Physics,
- Education and Social Studies,
- Educational Management and Planning,
- Electrical Engineering,
- English and Literary Studies,
- Environmental Education,
- Guidance and Counseling,
- Islamic Studies,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Medicine and Surgery,
- Political Science and International Relations,
- Primary Education Studies,
- Public Administration,
- and Veterinary Medicine.
All of these courses uniquely have their own Direct Entry requirements, O’level requirement and UTME subject combination.
More on UNIABUJA
With its motto as “For Unity and Scholarship”, the University of Abuja (UNIBUJA) was established January 1, 1988.
Quite a lot of individuals have had the honour of being the Vice Chancellor of this prestigious university but the recent Vice Chancellor is Professor Abdul Rasheed Na’Allah. It is a dual-university that runs both conventional and distance learning programmes.
Academic activities commenced on the mini campus in 1990 and the school has since then grown in space and students as they relocated from the mini-campus to their 11,800 hectares of land.
There are three hostels in the school, two of which are female students’ while the last one houses male students on campus. Word on the street is that the University is still relocating to it’s permanent site.
Hopefully, the permanent site would host a lot more hostels that would be able to house all students.
The university has two campuses: a mini campus located in Gwangwalada, Abuja and the Main Campus that’s on the 11,800 hectares of land which is along the Kaduna-Lokoja-Abuja road.
This mini campus hosts quite a lot of faculties which are: the Faculties of education, social science, and law.
The Main Campus houses the Faculties of Arts, Science, Management Science Veterinary medicine, Agriculture and Engineering with the College of medicine. It also has enough room for the school’s senate house/ building as well as other administrative buildings you can think of. The University effectively runs both Campuses simultaneously.