nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng Portal Login 2023/2024 Nigerian Airforce
It brings a lot of pride to serve one’s country especially when in the Military.
See: Nigerian Airforce List Of shortlisted candidate
This is why many of youths try their best to join the Nigerian Airforce. If you are one of them, and you wish to join the Nigerian Airforce, I will show you how to go about it, without any hassle at all.
The Nigerian Airforce was established to ensure the integrity of the airspace by gaining and maintaining control of the air while retaining credible capacity to fulfill other airpower tasks demanded by national defence and security imperatives.
It was established in 1961, when the Nigerian Army partook in the peacekeeping missions of foreign places like DR Congo and Tanzania. There was a need to airlift soldiers of the Nigerian Army to those countries. Therefore, the Nigerian Airforce was birthed.
How to join the Nigerian Airforce
There are actually approved means or channels to join the Nigerian Airforce. Each career path has been designed to suit every Nigerian, who is interested. They are;
Basic Military Training Course (BMTC
The Basic Military Training Course (BMTC) is a short period training for he Airmen and Airwomen for a duration of 6 months max. This career path usually receives the highest amount of applicants every year.
The programme is mainly for those who possess Secondary School Certificate, National Diploma Certificate, NABTEB, NCE, or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate.
- Applicant must have any of the certificates above.
- Tradesmen/Tradeswomen must be between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Non Tradesmen/Women must be between the ages of 18 and 22.
How to Apply (nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng)
- Visit the BMTC Recruitment Portal here. https://nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng/#!
- Fill the application form with all your correct and accurate details and information.
Regular Combatant (RC)
This is a 5 year programme which involves military training at the Nigerian Defence Academy. This is just like a University with military training included in its curricular activities. The training involves 4 years of both academic and military training, and one year of intensive military training.
This entry is similar to admissions into college/universities. That is why I said it is like a University with Military trainings. Applicants will be required to take some examinations before admission.
At the end of the programme, successful combatants will be awarded a Bachelor’s degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Flying officer in the Nigerian Air Force. This programme is for both makes and females.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 21 years.
- He or she must have an Ordinary Level certificate.
How to apply
- Visit the NDA recruitment portal here. https://rcapplications.nda.edu.ng/#home/index
- Submit your interest by filling the application form on the portal.
Direct Short Service Commission
This is a type of commission in the Nigerian Airforce, open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The course allows degree holders who are Professionals in specified fields apply into the Nigerian Air Force.
The Training period for the Direct Short Service Commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training. At the end of the programme, successful trainees are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
- Applicant must be a degree holder from a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria or abroad.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age, and at most 30 years. If you do not fall under this category, do not even bother to apply.
- The applicant must have gone and completed his or her one year compulsory National service.
How to apply
- Visit the DSSC Recruitment Portal here. https://nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng/#!
- Fill in the necessary details and information. Kindly check if they are correct before submitting.
Kindly note that the recruitment forms for Regular Combatant (RC), Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC), and Basic Military Training Course (BMTC), are not out yet. We will communicate with you when they are out to the public.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the DSSC and BMTC Recruitment form?
These Programmes do not require you to pay anything when getting the recruitment forms. They are both free. So, do not give your money to anyone to help you buy the form and fill.
In fact, the application is strictly online. So you can visit be website and apply instantly. This way, you won’t spend money at the Cyber Cafe or on transport.
When will the NAF Recruitment Forms come out?
The NAF Recruitment form for the Airmen/Airwomen is closed at the moment. In fact, they just released the list of the new recruits. Do not worry, when the list comes out again next year, we will inform you.
But that is only if you subscribe to our newsletter below. It’s absolutely free.