Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form Portal | www.nigerianports.org
Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form is now here. If you have been dreaming of working in with NPA, then this is your chance to apply right now.
Please note that Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment is specifically for graduates and non graduates who has the necessary skills to help the organisation achieve its objectives.
Please note that the Nigerian port authority recruitment is done with laid down rules and regulations that has been approved by ther bodies like civil service and Federal Character Commission. NPA Recruitment portal remains @
The Nigerian Port Authority will be recruiting eligible Nigerians for immediate employment in the following department:
- PILOT TRAINEE
- MARINE ENGINEERING TRAINEE
- TRAINEE SEAMAN
- SIGNALMAN- IN –TRAINING
- RADIO OFFICER 11
- ASST. MANAGER RADIO
- MARINE OFFICER 11
- SENIOR MARINE OFFICER /ENGINEER
- ASST. MANAGER HARBOURS.
Nigerian Port Authority Recruitment 2021/2022
The Nigerian Port Authority which is abbreviated as NPA is a federal government agency established in 1954 by the CAP 155 ports Act of the Federal Republic of Nigeria law and amended in 1999.
It was founded with the sole aim of regulating the ports industry of Nigeria and providing all ports services. Acting as the landlord, the Nigeria Port Authority provides not only technical oversight but also marine services and common user facilities while the private operators remain involved in the offloading and loading of cargoes.
In 2005, during the administration of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, the Nigeria Port Authority went through a reform program to promote efficiency through a Private-Public partnership which resulted in the concession of the corporation. On this note, 24 port terminals which were formerly managed and regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority were concessioned to private operations for a period of time.
With core values including innovation, efficiency, safety, customer satisfaction, and security, the Nigerian Port Authority strives to become a national brand asset anchored on service excellence. More importantly, the Nigerian Port Authority operates about six (6) major ports in Nigeria which are operated in conjunction with the Nigerian Shippers Council, Ministry of Transport, and other government agencies.
The Nigerian Port Authority is headquartered in Marina, Lagos State and headed by the Managing Director, Hadiza Bala Usman.
Requirement for the Nigeria Port Authority Recruitment 2020/2021
To join the Nigerian Port Authority Family, one has to meet the following requirement below;
- You must be a Nigerian citizen or have the necessary work permits.
- You must be at least 20 years of age.
- You must submit your resume via the online form on the official Nigeria Port Authority website.
- You must present your original credentials at the interview to confirm your educational qualifications.
- You must be available for the aptitude test.
How to Apply for NPA Recruitment 2021/2022
If you are interested and also find yourself qualified to apply, please send yoory applications, attached with comprehensive CV including email, contact address (not P. O. Box), mobile telephone numbers and qualification by visiting the Nigerian port authority recruitment website on http://careers.nigerianports.org/default.aspx
Submit their applications to –
General Manager Human Resources,
Nigerian Ports Authority,
26/28 Marina, Lagos.
What are the Functions of the Nigerian Port Authority?
The Nigerian Port Authority like other government agency is statutorily obliged to carry out certain functions. These functions are backed by the amended Port Act of the 1999 CAP 155 law of the federal republic of Nigeria. Without further ado, the Nigerian Port Authority functions include;
- To provide and operate cargo handling and quay facilities in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
- To provide pilotage and sewage services in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
- To supply both water and fuel to vessels at anchorage or mooring buoys in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
- To repair and maintain vessels in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
- Dredging and contact dredging of waterways in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
- To provide navigation lighting of the ports in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
- To provide other ancillary services in all port terminals regulated by the Nigerian Port Authority.
What is the Strength of the Nigerian Port Authority?
The Nigerian Port Authority is one of the strongest and most valuable government agencies in Nigeria. More interestingly, the strength of the Nigerian Port Authority lies in its staff strength as well as its operational efficiency. The Nigerian Port Authority staff strength is largely unknown, however, it is estimated that the Corporation employee numbers range between 5000 and 10000.
As regards the operational efficiency of the Nigerian Port Authority, the corporation remains dedicated to delivering first-class services in all its operations.
What is the Primary Role of the Nigerian Port Authority?
No doubt, the Nigerian Port Authority has a primary role as the Government agency responsible for port regulation in the country. Interestingly, the Nigerian Port Authority’s primary role is founded on the mission “to be the leading port in Africa” and vision “to deliver efficient port service in a safe, secure, and customer-friendly environment” of the corporation.
Altogether, the Nigerian Port Authority’s primary role revolves around being responsible for providing safe and security-oriented seaport and harbor services for the Nigeria maritime industry. They also provide an enabling, friendly, and customer-oriented environment to promote the maritime industry.
Monthly salary of the Nigerian Port Authority Staff
The monthly salary of the Nigerian Port Authority employees is reputed to be attractive and quite generous. However, the salary is largely unknown. Nonetheless, findings have revealed that NPA employee salaries depend majorly on their level and the lowest salary earned by staff is between…and…
What are the branches of the Nigerian Port Authority?
The Nigerian Port Authority has about six (6) branches across the southern part of Nigeria which is otherwise known as ports. Among the ports operated by the NPA is;
- The Lagos Ports Complex, Lagos State.
- Tin Can Island Port, Lagos State.
- Delta Port, Delta State.
- One Port, Rivers State.
- Rivers Port, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Calabar Port, Cross River State.
Also, the Nigerian Port Authority has several departments to aid its daily operations. These departments are replicated in all major ports it operates across the country. They include;
- Security Services Department.
- Finance and Accounts Department.
- ICT Department.
- Marine Department.
- Operations Department.
- Engineering Department.
- Fire Services Department.
- Administration Department.