Not all loan apps in Nigeria are sane. While some are great and are genuinely interested in helping you grow out of financial hardship with the loans you borrow from them, others are focused on sapping your wealth with their exorbitant interest rates.
Honestly, the interest rates of some loan apps are alarming and can make you feel stuck. But because you’re in dire need of the money, you’ll take it anyway, even if it means you have to squeeze the money out of your pocket and be left in a condition that’s worse than you were before you collected the loan financially.
That’s why it helps to research Loan apps before applying for their services. It would help you know what you’re getting yourself into. And as you borrow from the ones with the considerably low-interest rate, you’ll increase your loan limit.
One such good loan app with a fantastic interest rate is Branch Loan. Let’s dive into the features of this loan app and what applying for a loan with Branch is like.
What Is Branch Loan?
Branch is one of the most famous financial lending platforms in Nigeria. Although it launched in 2015, it resumed operations in Nigeria in 2017. Since its operations in 2017, it has fast risen to the top of the food chain of quick financial lending platforms.
The goal of Branch loans is to help Nigerians fulfill their personal and business, especially when they need quick fixes. The company doesn’t only operate in Nigeria as it has spread its tentacles to other countries, including Kenya, Tanzania, Mexico, and India.
Anyone who uses an Android device can access the Branch loan app at their convenience. They deploy data science to ensure Nigerians can easily access financial services in the country. If you ever want to try a loan app, you should try the Branch app.
How Do You Apply?
Applying for a Branch Loan is as easy as taking a breath. All you need is your Android device and access the internet, and you’re all set to access Branch’s financial services. Once everything is set, and you’re ready to apply for the loan, follow these easy steps;
- Get the App: With access to a stable internet connection, navigate your way to the Google PlayStore on your Mobile device. Once you get on Play Store, search for the app and install it on your mobile device. Once it successfully installs, proceed to the next step.
- Create an Account: After successful installation, open the app and punch in your details to create an account. You’ll need a valid phone number and your name. You’ll get a code to activate the account once you download the app. You can also register on the Branch app with your Facebook account.
- Fill in Your Details: Here, after successfully creating the account, you’ll need to fill in your details. Now, this is where it gets personal. You’ll need to fill in more of your details to see your loan limit. More so, there are different types of loans that you can apply for on the app. They include; Personal loans, business loans, Medical Loans, and Loans for traveling. Some of the information you’ll need to provide includes your BBVN number. It would be nice if the mobile number you provided is linked to the BVN. You’ll also need your valid bank details, guarantor’s number, etc., to check your loan limit.
- Loan Offer: Once you’ve submitted your details, the Branch loan would proceed to analyze your personality to check how much risk you pose to their business. Once the analysis is complete from their end, they’ll show you how much they can borrow from you. Then, you can apply for the loan, which you’ll have to pay back after a while.
Branch Loan Requirements
Like every other Loan app, Branch loan has some requirements you should meet that guarantee that you’ll get the loan you apply for with them. Some of these requirements include;
- A Branch account
- A functional android smartphone.
- A valid BVN
- Valid bank details
- Valid Mobile Number
- Access to stable internet connection
- Facebook Account.
If you fulfill these requirements, you can qualify and apply for any loan amount determined by Branch.
Branch Interest Rates
On Branch loan, the interest rate you’ll get depends on your loan amount. However, it ranges from 1% to 21%, and it doesn’t go beyond. As an individual, you can get up to N200, 000 from Branch and nothing less than N1 500.
Whatever amount you get, you’ll be required to pay back with varying interest rates depending on the amount you borrow. As earlier stated, what determines the amounts you qualify for with Branch are the details you provide.
Some of these details would cut across your earnings and, possibly, house rents. It would help the Branch team understand how you intend to pay back and if you can pay back a certain amount before the due date.
Pros And Cons Of Branch App
- You need no collateral or documentation
- Once your loan amount is approved, it will be delivered to your account in seconds.
- They do not charge late or rollover fees.
- Repayment duration is short.
- The maximum amount you can get from Branch is N200,000
When it comes to repaying Branch loans, it is an easy process. You have two repayment options that you can explore. The first is to pay via the Branch app.
To do this, you’ll need to log in to the app and pay via bank transfer. Lucky for you, Branch uses several banks.
They include Access (Diamond) Bank, ALAT by Wema Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Fidelity Bank, Polaris Bank, First Bank of Nigeria, ASO Savings and Loans, Lagos Building Investment Company Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Abbey Mortgage Bank, Enterprise Bank, Access Bank, Union Bank, United Bank for Africa, Unity Bank, Wema Bank, and Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, Ecobank Bank, First City Monument Bank, Standard Chartered, Sterling Bank, Suntrust Bank, Keystone Bank, Kuda Bank, Citibank Nigeria, and VFD Microfinance Bank Limited. You can also use the auto-debit option.
To activate the auto-debit option, you’ll need to add your debit card on the app so they’ll withdraw the amount you owe them directly from your account once repayment is due.
As you borrow and repay the loan you owe Branch, your loan limit increases, along with the duration you can borrow money.
Does branch contact your employer if you don’t repay on time ?
Remember that loan default is not something to be proud of and it kills business, this is the reason commercial banks in Nigeria makes customers pass through tough screening before a loan is given out.
We have heard instances where loan providers contact employees, contact details etc to report an individual who default in his or her repayment obligations.
Know this for sure that your BVN will be flagged making it impossible to obtain loan from other institutions. Your bank might also be notified.
Is branch a bank?
Branch is not a commercial bank per say but they offer mobile banking service that revolves around granting loan to customers.
To make their operations smooth and easy they get in touch with commercial banks and integrate their services with them
How long does it take for Branch to process a loan?How long after my loan is approved do I receive the money?
The loan processing period before your money gets or hit your account is within 24 hours after your loan request has been granted.
But at most it might take up to 3 working days but they will be in touch with you within this period giving you timeline and details why they are having issues delivering your loan to you.
How long does it take branch to verify?
Before your account will be funded they must verify if the account is a dormant account or if they account is functional and capable of receiving funds.
To get this verified, branch will credit your account with little token and within 24 hours your account will be verified. Note that within this period they will also run a check on your account to see if its qualify to receive loan.