Sometimes, the names of some loan apps can give you a big scare. They make you ask questions like;
is it a legit platform? Can I trust this platform with my details? Is it licensed to operate in Nigeria? What is their repayment and interest rate like? Would they give me a loan, or it’s all a scam? Etc.
Relax; it is normal to be paranoid when it comes to using loan apps, especially when your only option to fulfilling your needs is to use a loan app.That’s part of why we wrote this article.
We’ll explore one of the numerous loan apps operational in Nigeria called Xcredit. Here, we’ll take you on a journey to discover everything there is to know about this loan app,
from the founder to the services they offer, how you can apply for a loan with them, if they’re legit, etc. Sit tight and follow us on this journey.
What Is Xcredit Loan?
Xcredit is a money-lending platform created by a fintech company to meet Nigerians at the point of their needs.
They offer personal loans to Nigerians stranded but need urgent cash to sort out specific pressing needs.
This loan operates on a mobile-based term which means you don’t need to visit their office to use their service. What you need to do is go to your Google Playstore, search for the Xcredit app, and you’re all ready to use their services.
The only downside to this loan app is that you can’t use their services if you use an iOS or Windows device, as there is no version of the Xcredit app that caters to those devices.
So, if you want to use Xcredit services, you might want to get yourself an Android device.
How Do You Apply?
The first step to applying for Xcredit loan is to download the app. You don’t need to physically meet with an Xcredit agent to apply for a loan with this fintech company. You only need to download the app and follow the steps described below.
- Get the App: As earlier stated, you can only access Xcredit loans via the Xcredit app. You’ll need mobile data to download the app on your mobile device. Ensure you’ve got enough space on your mobile device to download the app and operate it.
- Create an Account: Don’t just stare at the app after downloading it. Please open it and create an account. However, before you can create an account, the app would need you to grant access and permission to your contacts, message history, location, camera, phone data, and the likes. Once you give the app permission to access these private details, you can create an account. You’ll need a valid email address, phone number, full name, and secure password to create an account with Xcredit.
- Fill in Your Details: This app would require you to fill in some of your details so it can run an analysis on your identity and your credit history and habit. They’ll also check if you’re gainfully employed with the information you provide to be sure you have the means to pay back any amount to pay back. Once you fill in your BVN, account details, etc., proceed to the next step.
- Loan Offer: Apply for a loan. Xcredit would have to calculate the loan amount they would grant you since you’re a first-time customer, and they’ll determine the amount they can give you based on your provided information. Once they release your loan limit, proceed to apply. Note that the faster you pay back your loan, the higher your loan limit increases.
Xcredit Loan Requirements
Like every other loan platform, Xcredit has their requirement. You’ll know if you qualify for an amount of money from Xcredit based on whether you fulfill the requirement.
- An Xcredit account
- A functional android smartphone, not an iOS or Windows device.
- A valid BVN
- Valid bank details
- Valid Mobile Number
- Older than 18 years of age
Think you fulfill all the requirements, feel free to apply for an Xcredit loan.
Xcredit Interest Rates
Like every other loan app, Xcredit has an interest rate. You have to pay attention to this section to be sure you are okay with their interest rate before applying for a loan with Xcredit.
One way to know if the interest rate a loan app offers is fair is to compare it with the interest rates of other loan apps. That way, you’ll see what you’re in for.
For Xcredit, their interest rates range from 12% to 24%. You don’t need to worry about calculating the interest you’ll pay on any loan you get from Xcredit, as they’ll calculate everything along with the principal amount you’re collecting.
Thankfully, you won’t need to pay any service fee as the service fee on this app is 0%. Note that the loan duration on this app ranges from 91 to 180 days. As you pay back the loan you get from this app, you’ll access high loan amounts and longer duration.
PROS AND CONS OF FAIRMONEY APP
- You don’t need collateral to access their loan offers
- Loan approval and credit are fast.
- They do not charge a service fee.
- Short repayment duration.
- The maximum amount you can get from Xcredit is N500,000
You can repay Xcerdit loans via bank transfer or on the app. Regardless of the repayment method,
they have their repayment terms that you should strictly adhere to unless you might get into trouble with them. Some of their terms and conditions include;
- Repaying the principal amount borrowed with the stipulated interest at the time of approval.
- Repaying the loan amount within the stipulated duration assigned to you.
Once you comply with the terms and conditions of Xcredit, you won’t run into issues with them. Just ensure you read and understand the term of repayment.
Also, before you borrow money from this platform or any other loan platform, ensure you have a means of repayment. Otherwise, they might result in using your private data against you. Good luck!