How To Do JAMB Correction Of Name (solved)
Did you mistakenly misspelled your name while registering for JAMB and you don’t know how to correct it?
Are you looking for how much it cost to change your change name? If yes, then you are at the right page at the right time because we are set to provide answers to the questions above.
In today’s article, we will show you how to correct your jamb name in no time, where to correct any error related to your JAMB name and other details. So, let’s get down to business
What is JAMB Correction of Data?
Jamb correction of data is the process in which jamb applicants and admitted students make some alterations to the details in their jamb profile.
It is a compulsory exercise you must complete if you discover any mistake in the information you gave to the board during registration.
You can change your jamb date of birth, Jamb name, phone number, choice of institution and other important document you uploaded during registration.
How long does it take for change of name to reflect?
Jamb change of name should reflect in your jamb profile within 24 hours should everything turned out as planned.
According jamb via its official twitter handle, your new name should reflect in your JAMB details with immediate effect as long as you complete the steps above,
How can I correct my name in Jamb Portal?
- Visit the board website by clicking here
- At the navigation bar, select the E -facility link with green color.
- Click the correction of data
- Login to your account with your Email and password.
- At the left side of the menu bar, select application of correction of data
- Select the data you want to correct on the drop-down menu.
- Click on your year of examination and provide your exam number to search for your exam detail. Your entered information will be displayed and you will be asked if you will like to continue with the process.
- Select proceed; a transaction ID will be displayed on the confirmation page with bold red font.
- Review of the information on the confirmation page. This ID is essential for all references that regard the transaction. The transaction ID will as well be forwarded to your email.
- After the transaction ID generation, then proceed to the payment portal.
- Click “pay” and make your payment.
- After making payment, fill your year of exam and your Jamb registration number in the box displayed.
- Then a form where you can enter the correct data will appear on the screen. Fill the form with accurate data.
- Submit the form.
- Print the indemnity form displayed on the screen; submit it to your school’s admission committee or office
- After the above process, your institution will sign and submit the indemnity form to the state JAMB’s office for further processing. Once your form is approved, your data will be corrected and JAMB will notify you through your email and SMS.
How Much Does JAMB Correction Cost
JAMB change of data cost nothing less than N2500 at the time of this post. However, we advised you have up to 3,500 whenever you are ready to do the correction. The extra money will cover for any unforeseen or undocumented payment.
How Long Will It Take For The Correction To Be Effected?
Changing of data can take 24 hours or even some days. But the beauty of it is that the correction will eventually reflect if you adhere to the process highlighted above.
Is Jamb Correction Portal Open
At the time of this publication, the JAMB correction portal is currently open to everyone interested in changing any incorrect detail. The jamb correction is still on; hence, we advised you visit the nearby office or an accredited center to change your data.
How do I pay for JAMB correction of data?
As mentioned earlier, correction of data costs 2500 only. You can pay it at any bank across the country, or online method. The bank will complete the \transaction using the transaction ID generated.
For the online method, you will be directed to Remita payment platform where you will provide your ATM card number (16 digits); CVV and your card pin to complete the payment exercise.
Meanwhile, you can as well pay with the quick teller service online. It all depends on your choice and convenience.
Endeavour to view your payment status in “My payment Section.” An email and SMS containing your payment status and the ID of your transaction will be forwarded to you.
Can I do my jamb correction of data after registration?
You can do correction of data after jamb registration because the correction portal has a unique opening date and deadline date. All you need is to know the portal’s opening and closing dates.
Though we’ve touched many angles regarding jamb correction of data, feel free to contact us if there are more details you think we should add to the article.
We will gladly appreciate your reservations and make the necessary updates so you can learn more on how to enjoy easy Jamb registration. At this point, we wish you the best in your journey to an academic excellence.