NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme 2021/2022 | www.nddc.gov.ng|latest news – starting and closing date
If you want to participate in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) skills acquisition programme here is the perfect guide to apply right now!!!.
NDDC Skill Acquisition 2021/2022
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC is a federal government agency initiative established by the then president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo in 2000.
The commission is saddled with the mandate of developing the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria through a skill acquisition program which also doubles as an entrepreneurship program.
The Niger Delta Development Commission aims at Micro Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSME) enhancement in all ramifications. With a motto, “Determined to Make a Difference,” the NDDC has a mission to facilitate sustainable development and rapid growth of the Niger Delta region while transforming it into socially stable, economically prosperous, ecologically regenerative, and most importantly, a politically peaceful region.
The NDDC has its Liaison office in Abuja and is headed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Professor Nelson Brambaifa who also doubles as the Acting Managing Director.
What is the NDDC Skill Acquisition Program Focus?
The NDDC skill acquisition program is based on six (6) core areas, which include;
- Professional Services.
- Commerce and Trade.
- Entertainment and Hospitality.
- Manufacturing and Processing.
Successful applicants of the skill acquisition program will be trained in one of the following areas including;
- Welding and fabrication.
- Furniture making & woodwork.
- Catering & confectionary.
- Food processing.
- Home management (tie & dye).
- Modern printing technology.
- Fashion design & tailoring.
- Computer technology/programming.
- Entertainment industry.
- Solar power maintenance.
- Maritime technology.
What are the Requirements for the NDDC Skill Acquisition Program?
- Applicants must be between 18-35 years
- At least applicant with school cert or OND etc can apply
- Scan and upload your recent passport, Local Government Identification Letter
- Applicants must from Niger delta states
How to Apply for NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme 2021/2022:
- NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme application is online based
- Applicants are expected to apply just once.
- Ensure you send in your own application before the deadline given.
- Selection process is highly competitive and rigorous.
Step by Step NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme Application Process 2021/2022:
- All you have to do as an eligible applicant is to log on to
- Select your preferred programme from the drop down list.
- Fill the form by entering all questions ask and also your bio data.
- Don’t forget to print your reference code.
- Note: only selected persons will be contacted via email, always check your email.
- If selected get ready your original copies of their educational Certificates, Local Government identification certificates etc.
What are the Functions of NDDC?
The NDDC functions are fully embedded in its mission and vision which are enacted by the law. These functions include;
- To formulate policies and guidelines for the development of the Niger Delta area.
- To conceptualize, plan, and implement, in accordance with set rules and regulations, of projects and programs for sustainable development of the Niger Delta area in the field of transportation including roads, jetties and waterways, health, employment, industrialization, agriculture and fisheries, housing and urban development, water supply, electricity and telecommunications.
- To survey the Niger Delta in order to ascertain measures necessary to promote its physical and socio-economic development.
- To prepare master plans and schemes designed to promote the physical development of the Niger Delta region and the estimation of the member states of the Commission.
- To implement all the measures approved for the development of the Niger Delta region by the Federal Government and the states of the Commission.
- To identify factors inhibiting the development of the Niger Delta region and assisting the member states in the formulation and implementation of policies to ensure sound and efficient management of the resources of the Niger Delta region.
- To access and reporting on any project being funded or carried out in the region by oil and gas companies and any other company, including non-governmental organizations, as well as ensuring that funds released for such projects are properly utilized.
- To tackle ecological and environmental problems that arise from the exploration of oil mineral in the Niger Delta region and advising the Federal Government and the member states on the prevention and control of oil spillages, gas flaring, and environmental pollution.
- To liaise with the various oil mineral and gas prospecting and producing companies on all matters of pollution, prevention, and control.
- To execute such other works and performing such other functions, which in the option of the Commission are required for the sustainable development of the Niger Delta region and its people
What is the Strength of the NDDC?
The strength of the NDDC is in the number of their staff and the number of the beneficiaries of the program. So far, NDDC can boasts of over 50,000 beneficiaries since the skill acquisition program took-off officially.
What is the Primary Role of the NDDC?
The primary role of the Niger Delta Development Commission is to not only strengthen the Niger-Delta region but to promote peace in the region.
Monthly Salary of the NDDC?
NDDC beneficiaries are largely not entitled to a salary. However, they can qualify for various scholarships after completing the skill acquisition program.
What are the Branches of the NDDC?
NDDC has branch offices spread across the Niger-Delta region including Edo, Delta, Ondo, Cross-river, Bayelsa, and Akwa-Ibom State. Also, NDDC is well structured with various departments for efficient management. These departments include;
- Education of Health and Social Services (EHSS).
- Community and Rural Development.
- Agric and Fisheries.
- Public-Private Partnership.
- Legal Services.
- Commercial and Industrial Development.
- Information Technology Department.
- Design Department.
- Security Unit.
- Project Monitoring and Supervision.
- Project Management Department.
- Corporate Affairs Department.
All the listed departments are headed by directors.
What is the NDDC Master Plan?
The NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Program is structured under a regional development master plan. On this note, the training program should cover these areas which include;
- Environment and hydrology.
- Agriculture and aquaculture (with a focus on economic activities).
- Transport (infrastructure).
- Rural, urban, regional planning and housing.
- Community Development.
- Governance and capacity development.
- Small and medium enterprises.
- Water supply.
- Energy (electricity).
- Vocational training (with a focus on employment generation).
- Waste management and sanitation.
- Large-scale industry.
- Solid minerals.
- Social welfare.
- Arts, Sports, and Culture.
- Women and Youth employment.
- Conflict prevention.
- Financial instruments and access.
- Investment promotion
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by a team of bloggers for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better