How To Buy JAMB ePin 2023/2024 Online method of payment
This article is packed with vital information about the JAMB UTME e-pin which is necessary for JAMB registration.
Hence in this article you should learn about everything that has to do with the price of JAMB UTME epin, where the pin is sold (various selling points) , the approved and official methods of payment for JAMB e-pin; not yet done, as you will get to learn the process and steps to take to recover your lost epin etc.
Just take your time, read and understand and note all the detailed point written down here and we promise that you will have a smooth Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) registration
About Joint Admission Matriculation Board
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a body that is recognised by the law and constitution of the federal Republic pf Nigeria to conduct entrance examination all higer institutions in the country .
Price and Selling Points of JAMB Epin
JAMB officially is the only body recognised by the law to determine the price of E-pins which is also known as scratch card and they have officially set the price at just N3,500 (three thousand five hundred naira).
You might ask “how can i pay for the E-pin?” well the Payment you should make for JAMB’s registration e-pin should be at the recognized channels which is at the commercial banks across the country and some few selected and trusted platforms that are partnering with JAMB.
more also candidates can still access the E-pins at JAMB offices located at state level and sometimes at CBT centres.. Not all centres though. Most importantly don’t forget to ask about the the recommended reading text books that comes along.
JAMB ePIN Selling Points
We have made an A to Z list of where to buy the JAMB ePIN as approved by JAMB:
You should get the E-pin at NIPOST and also at the eleven Participating Banks (FIDELITY, UNION, STERLING, ACCESS, Stanbic IBTC, FCMB, UNITY, FIRSTBANK, JAIZ and Polaris.
- Some of the Mobile Money Operators are as follows : Packway Projects (Readycash), Pocket Moni, Paga, TEASYPay, Xpress payment solutions and e-Transact.
- Micro Finance Banks are not left out of the whole process, so you should get the JAMB e-pin from the following microfinance banks : Regent MFB, Trust MFB,Obeledun MFB and Zazzau MFB.
- Online Payment Platforms:United Payment Services (UPS), InterSwitch (Quickteller), Upper-link,System Specs (Remita) and e-Transact
- Cooperative Society: JAMB Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society.
- Others:Digital Partners Network,and Unique ICT
- POS (Citi-Serve).
- ATMs of banks listed in (1) above (InterSwitch).
- USSD (ERCAS) for mobile banking.
- Nigerian Embassies in London, Abidjan, Johannesburg, Accra, Jeddah, Beau, Addis Ababa and Cotonou.
Duties of Participating Banks/Outlets
All participating banks are expected to keep to the terms and condition and follow strict guidelines as follows:
- They should endeavour to Collect the Profile Code from the JAMB candidate’s phone.
- They should also receive payment from such candidates and also vend ePIN which should be done and sent through the candidates phone through SMS only ( banks should not call the pins or write it down but it should be vended)
- Banks are given authorisation to Facilitate POS Payment where necessary
- They should also Issue Evidence of Payment to candidates.
- Most importantly banks should issue ePIN to candidates after payment (This should not be Handwritten)
Methods of Payment / Procurement of JAMB ePIN Registration
1. PAYMENT THROUGH BANKS INCLUDING MICRO FINANCE BANKS:
UTME Candidate are expected to Present Proﬁle Code and pay by cash or through card
Then JAMB ePIN is expected to be sent as SMS to candidate’s phone number
2. PAYMENT THROUGH POS:
POS payment is open for any of the accredited partners including all jamb offices across the 36 states to accept payment through this means.
Candidates are to Present Proﬁle Code while they make payment through cash or card
JAMB UTME ePIN is only generated by JAMB and sent by SMS to candidates after payment is confirmed.
3. PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY OPERATORS:
candidates should get this service at all accredited CBT Centres nationwide and a few selected Outlets
When you get there just Present your Proﬁle Code followed by cash payment for the registration.
Your JAMB ePIN will be processed by JAMB and delivered through sms to the concerned candidate’s phone number made available.
4. PAYMENT USING ATM:
with the introduction of technology, candidates can now make payment via ATM, but this is actually possible through the ATM of the Participating Banking channels we had listed before. Please note, its possible through InterSwitch Channel payment system gateway.
- To get started, candidate should choose Bill Payment and then pick JAMB from the option
- Candidates should now Enter their JAMB UTME Proﬁle Code and make payment.
- Jamb UTME ePIN is delivered or sent to candidate’s phone number.
5. ONLINE PAYMENT ON JAMB PORTAL
- Candidates are expected to log on to JAMB website here @: jamb.gov.ng
- When the jamb portal loads, Click on Purchase of Application Document
- The next thing to do is to Enter your Proﬁle Code
- Move over to payment section and select your preferred payment payment method ( this should be InterSwitch or Remita)
- Then you should Make your payment
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
6. PAYMENT PROCEDURE AT FOREIGN CENTRES
- This instruction is for all foreign candidate. They are to visit www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- If you don’t have a profile code yet, just create one instantly.
- You are to Login to your profile
- Locate and click on the registration link for Foreign UTME/DE registration
- There are guidelines there, so foreign candidates should Go through this instruction which will guide them all through the process to payment page
- Payment can be made just anywhere as far as you are doing it through any of the recommended platforms viz your cards
Complete the registration directly online
How to Recover Lost E-pin After Payment
There are some possibilities that ePIN might not be Received through SMS or some cases where candidates Lost their E-pin. Just don’t worry just send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 thats all and you E-pin will be sent to your mobile phone.
If you have successfully gotten your E-pin which means it has been sent to you, you might ask what next, right ? Well you should just take the pin to jamb accredited center that’s where its needed. With the E-pin they should be able to register you for this year’s jamb exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers
1. When is JAMB UTME exam starting ?
Ans = The jamb exams is expected to start from…. Click here for more updates
2. How long will JAMB examination last?
Ans = The UTME jamb examination will last for just two weeks only.
3. When will the registration for JAMB UTME begin?
Ans = every thing concerning the registration of jamb exams and successful registration process is discussed here……
4. How much does the JAMB registration form cost?
Ans = The UTME jamb registration fee has been fixed by jamb boss and it will cost you just #3,500, not done yet you should get the compulsory jamb utme reading text for 500 alongside service charge that cost just #700. total #4,700.
How to Get JAMB E-pins via Interswitch
Prospective candidates that have settled to sit for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are advised to first obtain the e- pin. Obtaining the E-pin is simple and straightforward and one of the easiest ways to go about it is by obtaining it from Interswitch platforms such as:
Quickteller Paypoint (Agents)
Quickteller Mobile App/Web
via payment with Interswitch WebPAY on JAMB’s website
payment using Interswitch Paydirect at any bank branch nationwide.
The Interswitch platforms has been introduced and embraced by jamb because of it’s technology that helps to just simplify everything that had to do with the JAMB registration process.
Interswitch payment system helps eliminated the cumbersome JAMB registration process which means that candidates will not face unnecessary difficulties all because of jamb registration.
All candidates who want to sit for this year’s jamb Irrespective of where you reside in the globe, you should follow this steps right away:
the National Identification Number (NIN), is now mandatory for the registration so obtain it first.
To get started, send the following by SMS: ‘NIN’, space, & your 11-digit NIN number to 55019 e.g [NIN 00123456789].
With this, within few minutes you should get an sms that contains your jamb profile code and your registered NIN name.
What next to do is to log to JAMB registration website, now you have to click on purchase (of the year under review) application document,thats all you should do, next simply enter your 10-digit.
To get it right with this payment method, you should Select ‘Pay Online’ you could chose to pay online via Interswitch or rather via Quickteller website/app which is easy also or you can also make your payment via the closest Quickteller Paypoint outlet.
Once Your payment is received and confirmed by jamb then your jamb ePIN should get to you through sms
How To Buy JAMB ePin Online
Here is jamb portal where everything is done https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/
When the portal opens, please you should Click on the BUY UTME/DE PIN link.
Your profile code is needed, so get it available here.
Then you should Make Payment of 4,700 only that’s all.
All instructions has been given on the jamb website and also on this page, you should be able to use the method to buy or retrieve your jamb utme ePin
Remember that you can now Buy JAMB ePin Online using your MasterCard from the comfort of your home without any issues.
When that is done, i mean the payment using MasterCard you should Finally, visit the closet JAMB accredited centre not far from where you based, that’s where you should complete your jamb registration.
Another option is simply visit a JAMB accredited CBT that is close to you. Remember to go with your money.
When you get there, just the necessary payment
You should now Provide your UTME JAMB profile code.
After payment has been confirmed by Jamb, the system will process your PIN and get it sent to you as sms.