IITA Recruitment 2021/2022 | Application Guide and Requirements – www.iita.org
Want to work with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA? Here is a guide on the requirements requirements and how to apply.
IITA RECRUITMENT 2021/2022
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA was established in 1967 as one of the sixteen (16) International Research Centers funded by the Consulting Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR). The Institute is responsible for partnering with other organizations across Africa and beyond to enhance crop quality and productivity. With a goal focused on reducing hunger, poverty, and ultimately malnutrition in Africa, IITA works relentlessly with partners to reduce the crop producers, consumers’ risks, and generate wealth from Agriculture.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is a non-profit organization that is supported by several countries from around the world to promote agricultural innovations. IITA motto which is “Transforming Africa’s Agriculture” is in line with its purpose which is “Agricultural Research Development. So far, IITA has completed many beneficial projects which have affected crop yield in Africa including staple food crops such as Banana, Soybean, Plantain, Cowpea, Maize, Cassava, Maize, and Yam.
IITA is governed by a Board of Trustees and is headed by the present Director General, Nteranya Sanginga. The institute also has several research stations spread across Africa has its headquarters in Ibadan, Nigeria.
Qualification and Experience:
This is a graduate job well reserved for applicants of Accounting or related field.
ICAN skill level with minimum of six (6) years’ working experience
Have strong analytical mind,
Be very good with computer applications especially Oracle application.
Have very pleasant personality,
Be a good team player and honest
Have good communication skills.
As at today being 13th June 2021, The Nigerian IITA recruitment form is not out.We are going to inform you immediately it’s out.
How to Apply for IITA Recruitment 2021/2022:
Start your application here
Just copyb the url into your browser.
What are the Functions of IITA?
Like every other organization, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture has several functions including;
- To enhance income, food security, and well-being of resource-poor people humid and sub-humid zones of sub-Saharan Africa.
- To conduct research-related activities to improve food systems, increase agricultural production, and sustainably manage natural resources in partnership with national and international stakeholders.
- To identify, develop and promote technologies for sustainable production and post-harvest systems for small and medium-scale farmers.
- To develop and improve systems for the effective management and conservation of natural resources for sustainable agriculture.
- To help strengthen national and regional research programs.
- To accomplish the IITA mission through research, training delivery, information provision, and participation in technology transfer activities with a wide range of partners.
- To adopt a “system” orientation throughout the Institute.
- To ensure that research and related activities impact positively and sustainably on the livelihoods of low-income people in particular.
- To give high priority to managing natural resources sustainably and preserving biodiversity.
- To pay special attention to low external input strategies for both land-use and agricultural intensification and to other alternatives to shifting cultivation.
- To take advantage of the Institute’s capacity for biological control of the pest.
- To research areas such as post-harvest utilization, social science, resource management, integrated pest management, and breeding.
- To disseminate information worldwide on all aspects of its research and training activities to interested stakeholders.
What is the Strength of IITA?
The Strength of the IITA is in both its operational structures and staff strength. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture has over 21 research stations across Western, Southern, Central Africa, and Southern African regions of Africa. IITA also employs hundreds of staff in its research stations all of who range from researchers to scientists.
What is the Primary Role of IITA?
The primary role of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is to ensure food security for sub-Saharan Africa in the future by carrying out key research focused on projects that address staple food crops including Yam, Plantain, Cowpea, Banana, Maize, Cassava, and Soybean.
Monthly Salary of IITA
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture’s salary structure is designed by Consulting Group on International Agriculture Research, CGIAR. Employee’s rank and mode of employment determine a person’s monthly salary at IITA. However, IITA staff averagely earn between…and… monthly.
What are the Branches of IITA?
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is a large organization with several branches. However, these branches are not known as branches but by different names. IITA has sixteen (16) stations in 11 African Countries namely;
- Dr Congo.
IITA also has four (4) major hubs also known as the major headquarters in Central, Eastern, Southern, and Western Africa which include;
- Ibadan, Nigeria – Western Africa.
- Zambia – Southern Africa.
- Kinshasha, DR Congo – Central Africa.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – Eastern Africa.
IITA also has an administrative department with various hubs including;
- Supply Chain.
- Hospitality and Travels.
- Human Resources.
- Information Technology.
- Facility Management.
Like other organizations, IITA equally has various directorates all of which has units under them. They include;
- General Directorate.
- Finance Directorate.
- Corporate Services Directorate.
- Research for Development Directorate
- M & E.
- Partnerships for Delivery Directorate
- Development and Delivery.
- Youth in Agribusiness.
- Capacity Development.
- Business Incubation Platform.
Lastly, IITA has various research programs including;
- Plant Production and Plant Health.
- Crop Improvement and Biotechnology.
- Social Science and Agribusiness.
- Natural Resources Management.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by a team of bloggers for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better