federal government scholarship 2022/2023 result |BEA www.education.gov.ng portal login |
Who does not like to be on a scholarship! One cannot undermine the impact of scholarship as it serves as a good leverage point. Amazingly, the Federal Government of Nigeria also offers scholarships.
The federal Government scholarship is here again, are you a student in any of our Higher institution and in dire need of funds to pursue your dream course? Then the opportunity is now here for you to explore the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards
This scholarship award is mostly for all set of students hence, are you an undergraduate student or on a Masters degree programme or rather Ph.D. students who lack funds to study Overseas? worry no more, just explore this option and we promise you will never regret it.
This article centres more on the Federal Government Scholarship awards , how to apply for it and when it’s application is ongoing :
About the Federal Government Scholarships
The eligibility criteria’s
How long the scholarship will last for
How to apply for the scholarship
Other necessary information
These scholarship awards is something that is undertaken once in a year; candidates interested have the opportunity to apply once in a year , which means its done annually.
You must have heard of The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and the Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) awards which is designed strictly for students who are on Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studiess
Depending on which you are interested in, let’s first talk about the Bilateral Education Agreement; here successful beneficiaries Undergraduate students will have the opportunity to further their studies in the following countries : Morocco, Russia, Hungary, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Macedonia, Japan, Cuba, Tunisia, Serbia, and Egypt,
while those who are done with undergraduate studies but rather want to continue with Postgraduate studies will have the opportunity to continue the education in the following countries: China, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Russia (this is for those who got the first degree in Russia), etc.
There is another scholarship award that centers on only female, the name is The Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA), it is also called the Nigeria Award/ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Just like we said only girls or female who are in pursuit of their undergraduate degree or post graduate education will be funded under this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria’s for Federal Government Scholarships
You can now see that This article focuses on two most interesting Federal Government scholarship awards, which is divide two segments and they are :
Bilateral Education Agreement
For the undergraduate scholarship;
- All undergraduate students who are interested in this scholarship should possess five distinctions minimum and this could be A’s or B’s in their senior secondary school certificate. This distinction gotten should relates to their chosen field of study. Let’s remember that maths and English language is compulsory.
- The certificates you are presenting should be less than 3 years old, which means that it should be two years and below from the year of the scholarship application.
- There is an age limit, going by what they posted, we could understand that the age limit is pegged at 18 and 20.
For the postgraduate scholarship;
- Are you a Former beneficiaries of foreign awards? If yest you are expected to have accomplished at least two years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- It is interesting to note that interested applicants should at least ensure that they have the minimum requirement which is the possession of first degree, which must be at least a second-class upper division.
- It is expected that you are done with NYSC and also have your discharge certificate.
- There is an age limit here , 35 to 40 remains the acceptable age for Ph.D.
- There should be proof showing the willingness that their employers have released them.
- It is intuitive to note that these countries that are listed above are non English speaking countries and for easy flow of learning it is best beneficiaries undertake an obligatory foreign language for one year.
Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA)
- Undergraduates are expected to be doing well academically, in fact they are expected to have a 4.0 on a 5.0-point scale and a 5.0 on a 7.0-point scale. Anything below this is not acceptable and will be rejected.
- Applicants that will be selected as winners are only those who have been verified as full-time students in their second year and above. Part time students shouldn’t apply. Application is open to those who are in pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree, Higher National Diploma, or National Certificate
- Are you applying as a Postgraduate? Please be aware that you should be a full-time students and also you should also possess a minimum of a second-class upper in their first degree.
- Under the Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship, accommodation issues won’t be a problem, you won’t spend a penny here as the Nigerian Government will shoulder all the responsibility which has to do with tuition fee and accommodation/ hostel fee.
- Simultaneously, you shouldn’t be worried about health insurance, supplement, warm clothing, take off, and research grants. All this cost will be taken care of by the Nigerian Government, all you have to do is to face your study.
- Interested applicants for the Nigeria award (NA) Sustainable development Goals (SDG) scholarship awards, shouldn’t worry about tuition fees, accommodation and even your personal maintenance allowance. All this will be taken care of by the Nigerian Federal government
Duration of the Scholarships
The duration of the scholarship depends on many factors. First the host countries and your choice of students are subject to the duration of scholarship. The typical range is from 4-9 years.
Application for the Scholarships
For the BEA, the participating countries are expected to submit some documents of selected candidates to the Federal scholarship Board, such as;
Required medical Reports
- Depending on its relevance, you need a Police clearance certificate
- Some Copies of your original academic certificates
- Data page of your current international passport
- For the NA/SDG awards, you must follow the following procedures.
- The Forms is expected to be completed, submitted online, and also printed out.
It would be best you made photocopies of your letter of admission to the institution, current course registration form, CGPA results of every academic session, current school’s Identity card, an identification letter from your state/local government, and two duly signed passport photograph with your name at the back attached to the printed copy.
Other necessary information
Please be inform that there will be computer based test and you are to select a center close to your location.
Please don’t forget to select your preferred option of program in order of priority, and don’t engage in double entry.
While coming for the interview, get two print out of your application form, more also you need to come with the following documents :
An original with two photocopies of educational certificates and testimonials of the former schools attended.
You can only bring a single senior secondary school certificate for undergraduate applicants.
You should bring along two copies of your birth certificate gotten from the National Population Commission.
Your state of origin or local government certificate should be dated, signed, and stamped.
Four White background passport sized photographs.
For postgraduate studies, NYSC discharge or exemption certificates coupled with your academic transcripts are needed.