EFCC Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal | Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide|latest news today|starting and closing date
The EFCC recruitment is here again : Do you want to work with the Economic and Financial Crime Commission? Here is a quick guide on how to apply now.
Please note that EFCC have promised to offer equal opportunities for all interested applicants who will be applying for any position. This means that EFCC recruitment job is free of charge.
EFCC RECRUITMENT 2020/2021
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission commonly abbreviated as EFCC is a Federal Law Enforcement agency that is saddled with the responsibility of investigating financial crimes in Nigeria including money laundering and advanced fee fraud (popularly known as 419 frauds).
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was established in April 2003 as a result of the pressure mounted on Nigeria by the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF).
The international organization had earlier named Nigeria as one of the 23 countries which remained uncooperative in fighting money laundering and supporting the international community efforts in putting an end to financial frauds.
With the passing of the EFCC ACT IN 2004, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission strives hard to put a complete end to acts that go against the criminal and penal codes.
On this note, they have led several financial crime investigations and convicted many more. The agency has its head office in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, Abuja and is presently headed by the Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
What are the Functions of the EFCC?:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is saddled with certain responsibilities as stated in the 2004 EFCC ACT. On this note, the EFCC statutory functions include;
- To function as the national coordinator for anti-money laundering activities.
- To investigate and prosecute financial crimes as stated in Section 47 of the 2004 EFCC ACT to put an end to crimes such as tax evasion, capital market fraud, bank frauds, futures market, etc.
- To give financial security to the Nigerian economy through dealing with the dangers of illegal bunkering, official corruption, bank fraud, advance fee fraud, tax evasion and other economic crimes that can stagnant the economy growth.
- To function as the selected Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
- To carry out the provisions of all financial institution decree, failed bank decrees, money laundering act, banks decree, and advanced fee fraud acts.
- To prosecute financial crimes defaulters immediately without passing through the Attorney General’s Office.
- To ensure efficient judicial proceedings that is within the mandate of the commission.
- To recommend relevant policies as regards financial crimes in the country.
- To liaise and collaborate with IFCC, ICPC, and other national societies.
- To coordinate all existing economic and financial crimes investigating units in Nigeria.
- To collaborate with government bodies within and outside Nigeria to carry out the functions of the commission.
- To facilitate the rapid exchange of technical and scientific information to eradicate economic and financial crimes in the country.
- To conduct joint operations that are geared towards eradication of financial and economic crimes in the country.
Available Jobs for 2020/2021 EFCC Recruitment Exercise
- Graduates Cadre;
- Diploma Cadre;
- S.S.C.E Cardre
EFCC Background Investigation:
EFCC jobs is highly sensitive in all form, they work with several international investigative units one of which is FBI and as such they wouldn’t want any form of compromise.
EFCC therefore will carry out an intensive background investigation on all applicants and all applicants must come out clean.
Here are the various form of investigation that you should expect :
- medical examination
- verification of all employment documents submitted.
- a test for illegal drugs;
- credit and records checks;
- extensive interviews with former and current colleagues, teachers, business associates, neighbors, friends, etc.
Method of Application and how to apply :
- To check for current job position at the Economic and Financial Crime Commission please log on here: https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/career
- As you are applying ensure that you aren’t married yet.
- Having all the necessary educational certificates if necessary.
- EFCC job is similar to other military jobs hence you should be physically fit.
- Get ready all your documents like Indigene/Local Government Area and birth certificate.
How to Apply offline
Offline application is usually sent to this Venue: EFCC office, No. 16A, Reverend Oyebode Crescent, Iyaganku GRA, Ibadan, Oyo State.
What is the Strength of the EFCC?
The strength of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission lies in its staff strength and its operational efficiency. EFCC boasts of over 2200 employees across Nigeria and numerous successful operations in the fight against financial crimes in the country.
What is the Primary Role of the EFCC?
Like other federal government agencies enacted by the law, the primary role of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissions’ is embedded in its vision and mission statement.
The mission statement of the EFCC is to “rid Nigeria of economic and financial crimes and to effectively coordinate the domestic effect of the global fight against money laundering and terrorists financing while the vision of the EFCC is “an agency operating to best international standards and leading the fight against economic and financial crimes in Nigeria.
On this note, the Economic and Financial Crime Commission primary role is to eradicate economic and financial crimes in Nigeria which supporting the global fight against all kinds of financial crimes. This they do through the investigation and prosecution of all financial crimes in Nigeria.
Monthly Salary of the EFCC
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission salary structure is designed to depend on the employee’s rank and grade level. However, like most government agencies, the salary structures of its employees are usually not revealed. Nonetheless, it is gathered that entry-level employees of EFCC earn up to … monthly. On this note, EFCC employees averagely earn between 226,490 and 495000
What are the Branches of the EFCC?
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is a well-structured federal government agency. On this note, it has various branches known as committees that help to enhance the efficiency of the agency. Among these commands are;
- Scientific committee
- Quality Management Committee
- Profession Committee
- Education and Training Committee
- Finance Committee
The Economic and Financial Crime Commission also has about twelve (12) offices across Nigeria. These offices include;
- Abuja Office.
- Lagos Office.
- Port Harcourt Office.
- Enugu Office.
- Gombe Office
- Kano Office.
- Akwa Ibom Office
- Borno Office.
- Kaduna Office.
- Ibadan Office.
- Edo Office.
Additionally, EFCC has two offices in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. These offices include the corporate and head office.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by Ikechukwu Michael for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better @Our Wikipedia page