DSS Recruitment 2020/2021 | www.dss.gov.ng portal | DSS Recruitment Form | DSS Application Form
The Department of State Security, DSS recruitment form is here again : here is a practical steps that shows you how to apply, recruitment requirements and recruitment starting and closing date.
Our goal is to enable you all apply successfully without finding it difficult submitting your application on the Department of State Security, DSS recruitment portal.
DSS Recruitment 2020/2021 :
The Department of State Security, DSS knew as the State Security Service (SSS) is the organization assigned to primarily perform the role of Nigeria’s intelligence agency.
The agency was formed on June 5, 1986, after the dissolution of the defunct organization, National Security Organization. The Department of State Security remains one of the successor organizations of the NSO which also includes the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the National Intelligence Agency (NIA).
The Department of State Security operates under the presidency directly and is under the National Security Adviser control. The DSS is mandated to be responsible for gathering intelligence information within Nigeria and also the protection of high ranking government officials including the president and state governors.
With the motto “Loyalty, Vigilance, Verity,” the Department of State Security was established statutorily by Decree 19 of the National Security Agencies Act of 1986 and the SSS instrument I of 1999 Presidential Proclamation.
The Department of State Security has its headquarters in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, Abuja and is headed by the Director-General and Agency Executive, Yusuf Bichi Magaji as appointed by the President in 2018. The National Security Adviser is Babagana Monguno.
DSS Recruitment Recruitment 2020/2021 Requirements
- An higher institution degree.
- Candidates should be a Nigerian citizen.
- 1.7m by male and 1.64m tall by female is allowed.
- You ought to be physically fit
- Applicants with paste criminal record are not wanted.
Applicants that can’t apply for DSS JOB:
- foreigners can’t apply for any position.
- Pregnant women can apply.
- Candidates above 30 years of age.
How to Apply for DSS recruitment 2020/2021
DSS Recruitment has not been conducted online before, this is as a result of the sensitive nature of the job.
To verify of DSS is recruiting you have to keep visiting this page regularly or kindly verify such from its State Commands and other formations.
Here is the procedure that candidates are expected to stick to:
- Write A letter indicating local government of origin. It should be signed by a local government authority;
- Handwritten application letter to The Director-General, State Security Service, Abuja. Current Director-General of the SSS is Lawal Musa Daura;
- Statements of results;
- Two color passport photos
What are the Functions of the DSS?
Like every other government agency in Nigeria, the Department of State Security functions have legal backings. In light of this, the DSS functions as stated in the 1986 National Security Agencies Act are;
- To prevent, detect, and act against any crime against the internal security of Nigeria.
- To protect and preserve all non-military classified matters concerning the internal security of Nigeria.
- To attend to other responsibilities such as matters affecting internal security within Nigeria as the National Assembly or the President, as the case may be, may deem necessary.
- To prevent and detect all crimes of a military nature against the security of Nigeria.
- Protection and preservation of all military classified matters concerning the security of Nigeria, both within and outside Nigeria;
- To attend to other such responsibilities affecting defence intelligence of a military both within and outside Nigeria, as the President or the Chief of Defence Staff deem necessary.
- The general maintenance of the security of Nigeria outside Nigeria, concerning matters that are not related to military issues.
- To protect senior government officials including the following below;
- Vice President.
- Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- State Governors.
- Deputy Governors.
- The immediate families of all the people listed above.
- Other high ranking government officials.
- Past president and their spouses.
- Candidates vying for the offices of President and Vice President.
- Visiting the foreign heads of state and government officials.
What is the Strength of the DSS?
The strength of the Department of State Security is in the efficiency of its officials, skillfulness, staff strength, and weapons. So far, the Department of State Security has recorded numerous successes in the discharge of its services over the years. DSS employees are also known to be extremely skilled.
The Department of State Security issues standard assault rifles to SSS Combat Operatives/Security Protection Officers (S.P.O) among which is the IMI Tavor Tar-21 assault rifle, the FN P90 personal protection weapon, and the FN F2000 assault rifle. The agency also owns numerous van mounted backscatter X-ray screeners from Basix Technologies for detecting Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) and mobile IED jammers for VIP protection in public spaces.
However, the staff strength of the Department of State Security is largely unknown as such information is considered classified by the service. Nonetheless, the DSS is speculated to have over 2000 officers’ employees.
What is the Primary Role of the DSS?
The primary rile of the Department of State Security is formed from its mission statement which is “to protect and defend the Federal Republic of Nigeria against domestic threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal and state law-enforcement organs.”
On this note, the Department of State Security is charged with the primary role of eliminating all kinds of threats against the federal republic of Nigeria.
Monthly Salary of the DSS
As a highly secretive government agency, the monthly salary of the Department of State Security officials is classified information. However, their salary has been structured according to the ranks of its officials. The Director-General of the DSS is reputed to earn the highest amount monthly where is salary is fixed at 1,336,000 million monthly.
The estimated salary DSS employees from the highest to the lowest rank include;
- Brigadier General –
- Major General –
- Lieutenant General –
- General –
- Major –
- Lieutenant Colonel –
- Colonel –
- Second Lieutenant –
- Lieutenant –
- Captain –
- Staff Sergeant –
- Sergeant –
- Corporal –
- Lance-Corporal –
- Private –
- Recruit –
What are the Branches of the DSS?
The Department of State Security has various branches across Nigeria known as state commands. These commands can be found in every state in Nigeria and are headed by State Directors.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by Ikechukwu Michael for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better @Our Wikipedia page