Is the Nigerian police recruitment on? Yes the Nigerian police force recruitment is on and recruitment starts from July 14 to August 23 while screening starts
24th August 2020 to 30th August 2020,”
In this article we are going to fully discuss all it takes to quickly get enlisted into the Nigerian police force. Hope you are aware that the recruitment process, start and closing date has already been concluded?
We are glad to inform you that the federal government has given directive to the police hierarchy to engage about 40,000 special constables to complement the conventional police.
It’s also on record that the inspector General of police has ask police commissioners, traditional rulers to form screening committees
All is now set for you to start sending in your application, but before you start sending your application there are some certain information you have to be aware of ; this has to do with the Nigerian police recruitment opening and closing date and also the requirement for a successful registration.
Nigerian police force recruitment 2020/2021
YOUWIN DOES NOT RUN ANY RECRUITMENT SCHEME , THIS ARTICLE IS JUST FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES
The Nigerian police force recruitment is coordinated by the police service commission ,The Nigerian police offer a minimum of 40,000 recruits spaces and seeks to increase it on consecutive years to increase their man power.
The interested applicants sends their application to the Nigerian police force website and if their applications are accepted, their names are shortlisted for further screening to make sure only the best for the recruit space.
Shortlisted or successful recruit can check for their names on the Nigerian police recruitment portal.
Main functions of the Nigerian police force.
The Nigerian police force just like the Nigerian army is based on Land and is mostly concerned with maintaining law and order, combat crime and coordinating peace and harmony for the benefit of the good people of Nigeria.
The functions of the Nigerian police force is very vast and covers and controls several parts of the human lives. So here are some well stated functions of the Nigerian police force:
- They ensure crimes are prevented and they help to detect upcoming crimes as well
- Assure protection of human lives and properties
- Arresting of criminal and bandits
- Preservation of peace and order
- Serves as an executive by enforcing the law
- Protection of the public
- Prosecution of offenders
The strengths of the Nigerian police force
The Nigerian police force which was created in 1930 has grown so big in terms of both weaponry and man power and as well as their moral values. It has been established that a large number of police for will go a long way to reduce crime rate.
In respective of their numerical strengths, the police force also have an incredible man power. The man power of the police force has an incredible amount of 371,800 persons.
the Nigerian police force still seeks to add more persons to make up to 650,000 by adding more and more recruits so as to be able to perfectly coordinate and police the large population of Nigeria.
Last but not the least,the Nigerian police are not known to make use of heavy weaponry, they make use of light weapons because they are constitutionally permitted to deal with the civilian population.
the machinery power of Nigeria. The Nigerian police weapon includes the following : fire arms, shot guns, electron muscular disruption technology including stun gun and several others.
Is The Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Form Out- 2020/2021 ?
The Nigerian police police recruitment has been long expected by thousands of Nigerian to commence, we have seen a rise in the number of interested Nigerians asking when will the Nigerian police recruitment start?
To this end we have crafted out this interesting post that’s rich with all necessary information you have been searching for which centers on the Nigerian police recruitment.
As at today being 6th August 2020, The Nigerian police recruitment form (NPF) is not out.We are going to inform you immediately it’s out.
2020/2021 Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Eligibility And Requirements
- Nationality: A check on the Nigerian police portal shows that you ought to be a Nigerian citizen by birth which is very important and also possess National Identity Number (NIN).
- Age: after proving your Nationality, next thing you should check is your age. So here is the age limit: you Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 25 years of age.21 to 50 for community policing
- Education: all interested Nigerian must be through with their secondary school, also have an O’ Level certificate at least five credits level passes including Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Character: the Nigerian police is massively going through some reformation hence you must be of good character and convicts won’t be given a chance.
- Height: your height also counts. Candidates Must not be less than 1.67 meters in height for men and 1.64 meters for women.
- Chest Measurement: Must not have less than 86 cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Pregnancy: are you pregnant? Lol don’t mind me, but actually pregnant women are not allowed to apply.
- Financial Status: you Must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
How to Apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment Form 2020/2021
- Having a functional email address is necessary and important because that’s what you will use to sign up. Also get your personal phone number ready also.
- Log to the Nigerian police recruitment website to access the form.
- (http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/) OR(https://psc.gov.ng/)
- Fill the form accordingly, at the end we believe that you will receive an email that is sent with some information indicating that you have successfully submitted your form. Check this email if there is any attachment, if yes print it out
- Email address and phone number used during registration should be your personal one.
- Nothing disqualified an applicant more than multiple registration.
- The Nigerian police will never contact you directly rather you are to receive emails which will inform you about your progress with them..
How to Check Nigeria Police Force Screening Date For Aptitude Test
Participants and applicants of the Nigerian police recruitment should start warming up for the subsequent screening that are to commence.
Here are the simple steps to check if your name has been published as a successful candidate of the Nigeria Police Recruitment of constables. Candidates :
- Open your browser and log to Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal on (psc.gov.ng) OR(https://psc.gov.ng/).
- Enter your name and the state of origin to check the list and screening date.
- Finally, move on to click the verify status button to confirm if you are selected
Has the Nigeria Police Released the List of Shortlisted Candidates, Screening Date?
In this section of this article you should be able to know when the Nigerian police list of shortlisted and successful candidates are to be out. If you have been anticipating the NPF recruitment list of shortlisted candidates let’s show you how to check your names now.
From reliable source the Nigerian police has advised applicant who are expecting their names to be out or among the names of shortlisted candidates to always check their emails for further details on that.
You all will be communicated to via email which is the officially approved channel of communication between applicants and the police recruitment team.
According to the Nigerian police (NAF) there will be screening in various center which is aimed at getting the best candidates from thousands that applied. To this end you are all expected to regularly check your email or better still be coming here for update.
NPF Recruitment Exams 2020/2021
This article will not be complete if we don’t list the accredited Nigerian police recruitment Centres scattered in all part of the country. All states are fully represented here, so no need to travel the next state for the screening..
You will be given an option to login to the system or portal to choose the center closer to you.
Having done the above its still important you contact the chosen state police command
List of Nigerian police recruitment centres
- ABUJA POWA Headquarters opposite Force Headquarters, Abuja
- BENUE Zone 4 – Makurdi, Benue State
- CALABAR Zone 6 – Calabar, Cross River State
- EDO Zone 5 – Benin city, Edo State
- ENUGU Police Detective College, Enugu
- IBADAN Police Training School, Ibadan
- JOS Police Staff College, Jos
- KADUNA Police College, Kaduna
- KANO Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- LAGOS Police College, Ikeja, Lagos
- BAUCHI Police Training School, Bauchi
- LOKOJA Zone 8 – Lokoja, Kogi State
- MAIDUGURI Police College, Maiduguri
- MINNA Police Secondary School, Minna
- OWERRI Emmanuel College, Owerri
- PORT-HARCOURT Police Secondary School, Port Harcourt
- SOKOTO Zone 10 – Sokoto, Sokoto State
- TARABA Zone 3 – Jalingo, Taraba State
- YOLA Police Children School, Karewa, Jimeta, Yola Adamawa State.
Here are list of items you are to come along during the screening process:
- Acknowledgment Form
- Examination Card (Login to your online account to print Exam Card and updated Acknowledgment Card)
- Current JAMB Result Slip
- 2B pencil, sharpener, eraser, and ruler
- Lastly, two (2) Postcard size photographs (3.5 x 5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards
The primary role of the Nigerian police force
The Nigerian police force which has a motto “police is your friend” the law enforcement agency has declared their primary role is to safeguard the properties of Nigerian citizen, life of the each person, assure there is no appearance of crime and to enforce the law.
Monthly salary of the Nigerian police force
The monthly salary of the police force is very good compared with some other law enforcement agencies. The Nigerian police officers with their lowest being the new recruit and the highest being the Inspector general of police goes home with a sizeable amount of money as salary every month end.
This is Irrespective of this fact the recruits of the Nigerian police force still receives a reasonable amount of money as their monthly salary which increases as they ascend to higher positions.
1. Police Recruit
Salary per month – N9,019.42
Annual Salary – N108,233
2a. Police Constable Grade Level 03
Salary per month – N43, 293.80
Annual Salary – N519,525.6
2b. Police Constable Grade Level 10
Salary per month – N51,113.59
Annual Salary- N613,363.08
3a. Police Corporal On Grade 04 (1)
Salary per month – N44,715.53
Annual Salary – N536,586.36
3b. Police Corporal On Grade Level 04 (10)
Salary per month- N51,113.59
Annual Salary – N613,365.08
4a. Police Sergeant On Grade 05 (step1)
Salary per month – N48,540.88
Annual Salary – N582,490.56
4b. Police Sergent On Grade 05 (step 10)
Salary per month – N55,973.84
Annual Salary – N671,686.08
5a. A Sergeant Major On Grade 06 (step 1)
Salary per month – N55,144.81
Annual Salary – N661,737.72
5b. Sergent Major On Grade 06 (step 10)
Salary per month – N62,204.88
Annual Salary – N746,458.56
6a. Cadet Inspector On Grade Level 07 (step1)
Salary per month – N73,231.51
Annual Salary – N878,778.12
6b. Cadet Inspector On Grade 07 (step10)
Salary per month – N87,135.70
Annual Salary – N1,045,628.4
7a. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 08 (step1)
Salary per month – N127,604.68
Annual Salary – N1,531,256.16
7b. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 08 (step10)
Salary per month – N144,152.07
Annual Salary – N1,729,824.84
7c. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 09 (step1)
Salary per month- N136, 616.06
Annual Salary- N1,639,392.72
7d. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 09 (step10)
Salary per month -N156,318.39
Annual Salary – N1,875,820.68
9a. Deputy Superintendent Of Police On Grade 10 (step1)
Salary per month -N148,733.29
Annual Salary -N1,784,799.48
9b.Deputy Superintendent Of Police on Grade 10 (step10)
Salary per month -N170,399.69
Annual Salary -N2,044,796.28
10a. Superintendent Of Police On Grade 11 (step1)
Salary per month – N161,478.29
Annual Salary -N1,937,739.48
10b. Superintendent Of Police On Grade 11 (step 10)
Salary per month – N187,616.69
11a. Chief Of Superintendent Of Police on Grade 12 (step1)
Salary per month – N172,089.06
Annual Salary -N2,065,068.72
11b.Chief Of Superintendent Of Police On Grade 12 (step8)
Salary per month-N199,723.96
Annual Salary -N2,396,687.52
12a. Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step1)
Salary per month – N183,185.73
Annual Salary -N2,198,228.76
12b. Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step10)
Salary per month – N212,938.16
Annual Salary – N2,555,257.92
13a. Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step1)
Salary per month – N242,715.65
Annual Salary – N2,912,587.8
13b. Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step7)
Salary per month – N278,852.79
Annual Salary -N3,346,233.48
14a. Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step1)
Salary per month – N266,777.79
Annual Salary -N3,201,333.48
14b. Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step6)
Salary per month- N302,970.47
15. An Assistant Inspector General Of Police
Salary per month – N499,751.87
Annual Salary – N5,997,022.44
16. Deputy Inspector General Of Police
Salary per month – N546,572.73
Annual Salary – N6,558,872.76
17. Inspector General Of Police
IGP Salary per month -N711,498
IGP Annual Salary – N8,537,976
Rank of the Nigerian police
Here are the ranks in the Nigerian police force and the amount they collect monthly:
• Inspector General
• Deputy Inspector-General of Police
• Assistant Inspector-General of Police
• Commissioner of Police
• Deputy Commissioner of Police
• Assistant Commissioner of Police
• Chief Superintendent of Police
• Superintendent of Police
• Deputy Superintendent of Police
• Assistant Superintendent of Police
• Inspector of Police
• Sergeant Major
Branches in the Nigerian police force.
The legal entity; Nigerian police force is a very big organization that has a lot of branches which helps it disseminate the duties and functions efficiently. So here are the 17 branches in the Nigerian police force;
• Forensic science laboratory
Forensic science has very important role in the aspect of criminal justice system by giving scientifically related information through scrutinizing of physical evidence. In an ongoing investigation, evidences are taken at crime scenes studied in a crime laboratory and finding presented in court.
The personal of the Nigerian police officers here are drawn from different groups to put heads together to fight corruption and conspiracy among policemen.
• Anti human trafficking unit
The unit ensures polices are always well-prepared and investigate human trafficking cases including: sexual exploitation , Forced criminal activities such as pickpocketing or online crime and forceful removal of organs.
• General investigation
They attend to calls and give emergency first aid to accident victims. Detectives take part in investigations such as collecting evidence.
• Legal section
Police officers in senior positions that do duties assigned by law or by a lawful order to any officer .
• Special anti robbery squad
The unit are concerned with crimes related to armed robbery, car snatching, kidnapping and crimes associated with firearms.
• Special fraud unit
This unit act as an internal resource within the police department, conducting research and investigation into probable fraud activity.
• Central criminal registry
The part deals with the criminal records department of the Nigerian Police department.
• Counter terrorism unit
They are involved in looking into and preventing of terrorist attacks and networks. Working along with some other agencies to acquire and make use of intelligence and evidence about terrorism.
• Homicide unit
This unit are involved into looking into large range killing and putting in place preventive measures towards homicidal attacks.
• Force intelligence bureau
Force intelligence bureau is the peak of intelligence gathering in the Nigerian police force. They are the arm of the police force that provides Intelligence on Crime that affect National Security.
• Interpol liaison unit
This unit functions as an administrative discussion among other police force of member countries, providing communications and database assistance via the central headquarters
• DCI Kaduna annex
DCI Kaduna Annex police force was created as a strike or Anti-riot unit under the control of the headquarter.
• Traffic unit
This unit ensure smooth flow of traffic and put in precautions to prevent accidents.
• Administration unit
Police administrators are responsible for coordinating the police force, as well as developing budgets and managing community relationships.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by Ikechukwu Michael for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better @Our Wikipedia page