Although there is no Iceland consulate or embassy in Nigeria, Iceland is a Schengen state, which means that a valid visa from any other Schengen country will enable you entrance to Iceland’s borders.
As a result, the British High Commission or any other Schengen country’s consulate in Nigeria should take care of it.
If you plan on visiting Iceland anytime soon, here is a list of paperwork you’ll need. For Nigerians, these are the correct and legitimate Iceland visa requirements.
- The completed and signed Visa application form.
- Recent passport-sized images with a light background that capture the entire face are essential.
- A genuine international passport with at least two blank pages that is valid beyond the scheduled return date.
- A copy of the data sheet from the passport (page on which the photo is located).
- A copy of any previous visas you’ve had (if any).
- A cover letter outlining the reason for the trip to Slovakia as well as the itinerary.
- Dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Slovakia on a flying itinerary.
- Insurance for your health. Proof of overseas travel-related health insurance.
- For the period of the anticipated stay, a hotel reservation has been made.
- A document proving your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).
- Evidence of a legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources for the duration of the visit.
- If you will be getting financial assistance from a host or other sponsor in Slovakia, you will need their bank statement. Please send a copy of the person’s bank statement. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly indicate the types of assistance they will provide (financial, accommodations, etc.).
- Original business letter, signed by the inviting company on company letter paper, detailing the purpose of the trip and defining the type and duration of the visa.
- If there are any previous trading links between the two companies, please provide proof.
- Employment certificate (if employed).
- Please provide proof of your retirement savings if you are retired.
- A letter from your boss stating/approving your business trip (if employed).
- An excerpt from a trade registration or something similar (for self-employed).
- Last three months’ bank statement.
- Evidence of group travel (if the travel is going to be done in a group).
- Trade Permit (first issued and present renewal).
- Fee for a visa
After filing your visa application, you must attend an interview at the Icelandic Embassy in person.
Keep in mind that you cannot send your travel agency or anybody else to represent you.
This is especially crucial because you’ll be supplying your biometric data to the Embassy for verification, which includes fingerprinting and a digital photograph.
After you’ve completed all of these Iceland visa requirements, you’ll be able to fly to your desired destination without any additional difficulties.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Decide your reason for visiting Iceland, as this will determine the type of visa you need.
- Step 2: Calculate how many Iceland/Schengen entries you’ll need.
- Step 3: Gather the Documents You’ll Need.
- Step 4: Make an appointment for a Schengen Visa (if applicable).
- You may need to make an appointment to submit your application, depending on the location of the consulate/visa center where you are submitting. You may also be able to drop off your application without making an appointment, as long as you do so during normal business hours. To find out if you need to make an appointment to submit your application, contact your consulate/visa center directly.
Step 5: Complete the application.
- While application procedures change between Icelandic Consulates/visa processing locations, you will almost probably apply using this form, which you must download, fill, and print. Send this paper copy to the Icelandic Consulate or Visa Center where you are applying.
Step 6: Make a payment for the application cost.
Step 7: Submit your application for an Icelandic Schengen visa (at least 15 days prior to travelling, not before 6 months).
- The methods for submitting applications vary amongst Icelandic consulates/processing facilities. Almost all applications must be submitted in person to the consulate or facility through which you are submitting.
- You will very certainly be required to submit biometric data when you submit your application (fingerprints). Children under the age of 12 are almost certainly exempt from having their fingerprints taken. However, regardless of their age, all applicants must submit a facial photo.
- Please be aware that after completing your application, you may be contacted for a personal interview to give additional information or materials relating to your trip.
Can a Nigerian work in Iceland?
A Nigerian can work in Iceland, but they need to have a work permit for it to be possible. Without the work permit, you might not be able to work there or carry out any transaction. When you submit your visa application with your work permit, your trip will be made possible.
Does Iceland offer a Visa Lottery?
Iceland offers a visa lottery to only eligible countries. However, there are limited lottery spots for applicants.
How many hours is it from Iceland to Nigeria?
If you travel by airplane from Iceland to Nigeria, it takes approximately 7 hours to arrive.
How much is the visa fee from Nigeria to Iceland?
Nigerian citizens require a Schengen visa to visit Iceland. The stay is normally limited to 90 days, with the visa expiring after that.
When applying for an Iceland schengen visa, the applicant must be present. A total of ten documents are necessary to apply for a schengen visa in Iceland.
It costs $68 for the visa fee from Nigeria to Iceland.
What documents do I need to travel to Iceland?
- Application for a visa to Iceland.
Fill out the form on your computer with accurate and clear data. Questions concerning your identification and the purpose of your vacation to Iceland are included in the form. Check that the information you provide in this form matches the information in the other documents. After you’ve finished it, print it off and sign it at the bottom.
- Two images.
In accordance with the remainder of the Schengen visa photo requirements, the photos must be no more than three months old.
- A valid passport is required.
- Your passport has to be from the last ten years. It must be valid for at least another three months beyond the day you intend to depart Iceland. To apply the visa sticker, make sure it contains at least two blank pages.
- Copies of older visas are available. Please give copies of any visas you have held to the Schengen states or any other place in the world.
- Travel Medical Insurance for the duration of your trip to Iceland.
To enter Iceland, you must acquire travel insurance. With a minimum coverage of €30,000, your insurance must cover the entire Schengen Area as well as unanticipated illnesses or accidents.
- Your journey to Iceland is complete with a detailed itinerary.
An airline document confirming that you have a reserved trip from your home country to Iceland and back. It includes details such as your flight number, departure/arrival times, dates, flight code, and flight reservation/booking numbers.
- Financial proof is required.
The Icelandic authorities want proof that you have the funds to support yourself financially throughout your stay in Iceland. You must show that you have at least 145 euros for each entrance and roughly 29 euros for each day you want to spend in Iceland.
- Evidence of lodging in Iceland
You must present confirmation that you have made arrangements for where you will stay during your stay in Iceland. Here is a list of possibilities:
- Make a hotel reservation for the entire time you intend to be in Iceland.
- For the duration of your stay in Iceland, you will have a rental agreement with an Icelander host.
- An invitation letter from an Icelandic host inviting you to stay at their home for as long as you are in Iceland.
- Proof of citizenship is required. This could be a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or other important document.
Iceland immigration official website
You do not need to be concerned about your Iceland visa application. Gather the necessary documents and submit them to the visa application center. Make sure you read this tutorial on how to apply for an Iceland tourist, visit, or business visa in Nigeria again to get all the specifics.