The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Result: Where And How To Check It.
It is the desire of all students who sat for the UTME examination to see their results as soon possible in order to know their fate.
After the successful conduction of the UTME, the result is expected to be out after a week on normal circumstances. But when there are recorded or sensed abnormalities like malpractice, the result will be delayed until all abnormalities are corrected and those who practice examination malpractice are completely fished out.
After all actions are carried out against culprits, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) will announce that the release of result and they will give provide important stats on the number of students who failed or passed.
They will also announce the number of those results withheld as a result of examination malpractice and other offensive actions carried out by students.
After the announcement, you can proceed to check your exam result to know the category of students you belong — either pass, fail or withheld/ ceased.
To make things easy for all Jambites — as students who sat for the UTME exam are fondly called — the Board has put in place two platforms where you can easily check your result without hitches. These procedures include; the use of the UTME result checker and Short Message Service (SMS).
How to Check 2020/2021 JAMB Result With SMS via 55019?
- Type RESULT
- Send it to 55019
- Wait for few few minutes to get a response.
- SMS charges is 50 naira.
Instructions from JAMB
- All candidates can simply send RESULT, via SMS, to 55019 using the same number that was used for registration.
- After entering the information correctly, the result, would be replied as an SMS shortly after.
- Step 2: kindly Type ‘RESULT’ followed by candidate’s surname, first name, and middle name, and
The above is the correct format.
I didn’t see my 2020/2021 JAMB results after sending RESULT to 55019:
There are some possible reasons why you couldn’t get your result which am going to explain here.
- First make sure the sim you are making use of is the same SIM used in registring JAMB and your profile.
- Ensure that the SIM has a minimum balance of 50 naira.
- Ensure you type the word RESULT in capital letter
I want to check my jamb result via jamb portal 2020/2021
One of the fascinating thing about checking your result on jamb portal is that it gives you a complete breakdown and also gives you the option to print out your result in an acceptable format. click here to check your JAMB results on JAMB portal
All candidates that were able to check their result via 55019 must still check their result on jamb portal as the SMS/TEXT message format is only for an emergency.
FIRST METHOD: THE UTME RESULT CHECKER
What does a Result Checker imply?
A result checker is an online platform put in place by many examination bodies which grant you the chance to check his/ her result.
Exam bodies like the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) require a scratch card before you can have access to their result checker platform.
Luckily, the Unified Tertiary Matriculation (UTME) doesn’t need a scratch card before you can check your result. This is because the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has put in place an easy to access result checker that does not need a scratch card to check her Tertiary Institution entrance examination (UTME).
Nonetheless, you need to duly follow the following procedures to check your UTME result using the online result checker:
- Visit the UTME website and locate the result checker’s icon or go straight to the UTME result checker portal.
- Type-in your registered Email Address or your Registration Number at the appropriate column.
- Then select the “Check My Results” icon. After clicking the icon, your result will automatically open (if only you don’t have problem with JAMB)
SECOND METHOD: THE SHORT MESSAGING SERVICE APPROACH TO CHECKING UTME RESULT
Out of the curiosity of candidates to know their UTME result, The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board have made a provision that will help you access your result even when you are not financially buoyant to check it online.
With just 50 naira and your registered sim card or phone number, you can see the outcome of your UTME exam via SMS as long as you follow the right and simple guidelines on how to successfully carry out the exercise.
To check your result via SMS, send (RESULT) to 55019 with your registered phone number, and JAMB will swiftly reply to your text message. The reply that you will get from the exam body may varies, depending on the category — see below — you found yourself.
- When you send the text message with unregistered phone number, JAMB’s response will be: “This phone number was not used for registration.”
- When you did not have any problem and your result was released, JAMB’s will be: “Dear Mr/Miss X, your result is as follows…” (then your exam detail will be given).
- If your result is withhold by the organization for wrongdoings during the exam, JAMB’s response will be: “Result Withheld”
- When your result is among those results that the examination board is doubting and they need to carry out some finding, JAMB’s reply to your message will be: “Result withheld pending the upload of clarifications/ document required from you”
- If you fail to sit for the exam, Jamb will simply reply you that: ” CANDIDATE ABSENT”
- Incase you didn’t apply your accurate registration number during the exam, Jamb will simply reply: ‘CANCELLED’ to your message.
- When you illegally enter an examination hall or entered a wrong hall or center, JAMB’s reply will be: “Invalid Entrance into the Exam Hall.”
The result of any examination could either be a pass or a fail. When your result is satisfactory, good for you.
If it turns out to be below expectations, it is an indication that your preparation is not enough. Hence, you have more work to do, more studies to do. Prepare for another UTME exam. All in all, we wish you a good success in all of your exams.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by Ikechukwu Michael for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better @Our Wikipedia page