Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2020/2021 and Latest Updates
Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2020 is here again. Get the latest information on how to apply for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service.
We are about to show you the practical steps to apply for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service.
Note: this article is only for graduates who want to get enlisted for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. Also note that only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces can apply while at the same time, civilians can apply once they meet the eligibility criteria.
THE NIGERIAN ARMY 2020/2021 ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW INCLUDING RECRUITMENT PROCEDURES
The security aspect of Nigeria is handled mostly by the Nigerian Armed Forces. Though there are other law enforcement agencies but the key role of the nation’s defense is shouldered by the Nigerian Armed Forces. This defense body comprises of the land fighter (Army), Air fighter (Air Force and the water fighters (Navy).
In this article, emphasis shall be laid on the Nigerian Army and Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC). This component is the amplest section of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is the component that tackles the warfare operation on land so they are termed “the Land Soldiers”. The operations of this section of the armed forces are guided by the Nigerian Army Council (NAC).
ANTIQUITY OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY
The Nigerian Army has originated from the Royal West African Frontier Force (RWAFF) which was formed in 1900. In course of the world war II, the Nigerian troop who were trained in Britain participated in collaboration with the 1st (West Africa) Infantry Brigade, the 81st and the 82nd (West Africa) Divisions to fight the world war II (East African Campaign).
At the conclusion of the 1970’s Nigerian Civil War, there was an increment in the strength of this armed force from 18,000 infantry battalions and supporting units to about 126,000 personnel occupying three divisions.
After the civil war, there was a reorganization of the 3 divisions of the army, with individual territory controllers starting from the South to the North so that the initial regional structure can be deemphasized. Every division can, therefore, access the sea. This results in the easy formation of logistic support and triservice cooperation.
Each division thus has access to the sea thereby making triservice cooperation and logistic support easier. This deployment formula was later abandoned in favor of the present assignment of sectors to the divisions.
This method of deployment was neglected after a while and adopt the present assignments of sectors to various divisions.
Therefore, Division 1 has its headquarter in Kaduna state with the North West sector allocation. Division 2 has is Headquarter at Ibadan as the South West sectional allocation.
Division 3 has the Headquarter in Jos as the North East section. The 82 division is the last and has its headquarter in Enugu and function as the other East sectional allocation.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY 2020/2021
For every agency or government establishment, there is a vacuum in which they are to fill. In this note, the Nigerian Army is to fill the security vacuum by observing the following functions;
- Border Protection: The Nigerian Army is basically responsible for the protection of the Nigerian border against any attack or threat that might come up from any country or person. This is why we always find Armies placed at strategic places in the Nigerian borders. Their mission there is to check everyone entering and exiting the country. They keep the country protect secure the nation from threats that might want to enter the country via the Nigerian borders.
- Protection Of Nigerian Territorial Integrity: Another function of the Nigerian Army is to protect the integrity of the Nigerian integrity. They are trained to be disciplined so as to successfully carry out this responsibility.
- Restoration Of Peace And Order: During insurgency, violent and disorderliness beyond the control of police and other security agencies, they are fully responsible for the restoration harmony, peace and order.
- The Nigerian Army also carry out some duties allocated to them by the National Assembly. Likewise, there can be order from the Commander in Chief Of the Armed Forces (a position occupied by Nigeria President). They have no option than to instantly respond to such order. This implies that they spontaneously respond to an assignment from the National Assembly and the presidency.
- Enforcement and Coordination of Immigration Customs and Laws An important reason for the placement of the Army at the nation’s borders is to checkmate and ensure that things are done orderly and properly.
Requirements for Nigerian Army DSSC 2020/2021/Entry Requirements
- Only Nigerian graduates should apply
- You should between the age of 22 to 35 while medical consultants should not be over 40.
- You must be fit and sound in all round.
- You should have 2 recognizable referees who must recommend you.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Get a state of origin certificate.
- Possess valid birth certificate.
- You must get your NYSC discharge certificates.
- Females should apply for specialist corps e.g. Medical, Legal Service or Army Public Relations.
Recruitment Procedures /how to apply for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission 2020/2021
The application for the Nigerian Army is to be done online free of charge following the following procedure;
- Visit the Nigerian Army portal by clicking here to register.
- Read and digest the criteria for qualification
- Select application type ((DSS ) from the home page.
- Once your registration is successful, you will get an email notification that contains your log in credential.
- Select login to fill the application form.
- Make sure that you upload your passport photograph, Educational certificates, professional body membership evidence, age declaration or certificate of birth and your state of origin certificate.
- Ensure that you print out your photo slip once you complete your application because you will submit it during your interview if invited.
Note that; the first page of your printed document is to be endorsed by the Registrar of law court, the second page is to be endorsed by either military officer with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and above who is from your state or Local Government Chairman/Secretary.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by Ikechukwu Michael for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status. Understand us better @Our Wikipedia page