NYSC registration proceduresl for all prospective Corps members who are ready to be mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps Nationwide.
I will like you to go through this article slowly as we give you a practical guide on how to process your registration at the official portal of NYSC.
With the steps below you can be able to register your self but in the off chance you don’t have a fingerprint scanner, computer or laptop system, printer you can always do your registration in the closest business center.
NYSC timetable is here: official current NYSC TIMETABLE
Check your name on: NYSC senate approved list
Registration Process For Prospective Corp Member:
After the final paper in the institution, it is always a joyful and glad moment for every Nigerian student due to many personal reasons. For some, passing out of a Tertiary Institution means they are free from academic and lecturer’s disturbances. Hence, they tend to celebrate and enjoy the moment.
To other students, the joyful mood after writing their final examination is attached to the fact that they are close to wearing the NYSC uniform.
Important Information About NYSC
Since 1973, Gen. Yakubu Gowon had made it a law that all Nigerian graduates, under the age of 30, must render a compulsory one-year service to their fatherland. This service is often referred to as NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) program.
During this one year service to the country, the federal government is fully responsible for the welfare of every and every participating graduates. This is one of the reasons government monitors all the activities of every mobilized or serving graduate at their Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) and place of residence.
The government also decide if a serving Corper — as they are fondly called — can embark on any journey or not. The Federal government also pays them a monthly allowance of 20,000 — out of which 200 is deducted as tax— for the service the rendered during the 30 days of the month.
NYSC Registration And How To Register 2020/2021
After graduation, you will be required to register for this program before you can begin your mobilization processes. The registration procedure is simple and can be done as soon as the NYSC portal is opened for registration.
How To Register for NYSC 2020/2021 Mobilization
Below is a quick rundown of the processes you need to complete before you can become an eligible Corp member.
1. Visit The Main NYSC Online Portals
You can click on on any of the following links to start your registration procedure;
2. Provide An Active Email Account
After clicking on any link of your choice, type-in your email in the supplied space to progress to the next phase of registration exercise. It is advisable you use an active and accessible email.
3. Secure Your Account
Having provided your active email address, pick a security question and provide its answer. This serves as source of security for your account in order to prevent any online intruder in future. Click on the ‘continue’ button to proceed.
4. Check Your Mailbox To Continue
You’re advised to check your mailbox as soon as possible because NYSC would have sent you an important mail. The mail contains the link to the page where you will continue your registration processes.
click on the link in the message and you will be redirected to a new page where you’re expected to fill the registration forms with accurate information.
5. Fill The NYSC Registration Form
- Select the country and institution where you graduated from.
- Enter your matriculation number and your JAMB registration number if you attended a Nigerian tertiary institution.
- Select your program and patiently wait until your information is automatically loaded and displayed below the page.
- Type-in a password — you can easily remember — in the password space as you will need it for subsequent login.
- Enter your Phone number and other needed information in their respective columns and then submit to proceed with your registration.
6. Login To NYSC Portal To Complete Registration
Revisit the NYSC website and login using your registered email and password. Then, proceed to capturing of your Biometric (face or passport and fingerprint). Supply your bio-data, upload your document uploading and choose your preferred state of deployment for the service year. After this process, you will need to upload your digital signature by scanning it.
More Registration Steps For Graduates From Foreign Universities
As a graduate from Foreign universities, you will need to carry out more procedures as you will need to upload some documents via NYSC portals.
It is essential you understand that the needed documents can either be in Pdf or jpg format and must possess a size smaller than 200kb. These documents include the following:
- HND or degree program’s transcript
- HND or First-degree Certificate
- Data page of your international passport
- Original Certificate of your O’level ( NECO, WAEC, NABTEB and other equivalents)
- Students residence permit and Visa
- Visa indicating your date of departure from Nigeria, and date of arrival into the country.
Documents That Should Be Submitted by Married Graduate Who Studied Abroad
For ladies who are Married ( attended both Nigerian and foreign higher institution) they will have to upload the following document using the specifications above;
- Proof of marriage, either affidavit or marriage certificate.
- Proof of husband state of residence
- Husband Identity: This could be his National Identity (ID), Drivers License and other recognized documents.
- Utility bills and letter from employer
- A newspaper that contains your change of name.
Things To Note During The Registration Procedures
Please take note of the following instructions that will help you enjoy a stress-free NYSC registration exercise.
- Ensure that the email you used for registration is functioning and easily accessible.
- A Nigerian cell phone number is mandatory, hence, endeavor to get one.
- Please, avoid registration by proxy because your registered fingerprints will be needed at the orientation camp.
- You have the choice to pay N2,786.24 if only you want your call up number to be sent to you via SMS.
Youwin is a Nigerian focused Educational And Career blog, With the Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials.
this articles was written by Ikechukwu Michael for youwin.org.ng, the writer is a University graduate, he holds a degree in Economics from the University of Nigerian Nsuka (UNN).
Youwin.org.ng does not engage in the sales or buying of any services and we don’t offer any services here in return for money or favour, hence all information here is accessible free of charge Irrespective of your economic status.