UNIJOS POST UTME
University of Jos, UNIJOS post-UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise application form for the 2023/2024 academic session is here.
Please read from A to Z on this article to get all the information you need to start your application.
When the word “Post” precedes any word, it simply alters the meaning of the word a bit by assigning it the new meaning that says that this new word with the word “Post” comes directly after something that has happened. In this case, it is the UTME exam.
Every school has a particular score that you, as a candidate, must have in the UTME exam before you proceed to the Post UTME stage. Before we dive into the requirements you have to meet that make you eligible to apply to the school, let’s learn a little bit about the school.
UNIABUJA post utme 2023/2024
UNIJOS is the acronym for The University of Jos. It is a federal government University and it was founded in 1975.
Located in Jos which is towards the Northern part of Nigeria, the University welcomes and appreciates students and lecturers of diverse Religion and Tribe.
According to some sources, students are not given admission based on Religion or Cultural background but because they have earned the rights to become students of the University of Jos. Also, the University of Jos seems to have enough hotels to house its students as well as facilities for learning.
The school offers quite a number of courses from Law to Medicine, Accounting, Business Administration, Arabic etc. However, the UTME cut off mark required of you ro qualify for admission into these faculties and department varies by faculties and department.
While faculties require that you score nothing less than 180, other faculties and departments (when streamlined) require you to score at least 200-250. With their Logo being “Discipline and Dedication”, they are dedicated to training disciplined individuals and possibly leaders who would make significant impact in the different industries their students work in hereafter.
UNIJOS post UTME REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO 2023/2024
The first thing you should put at the back of your mind when applying to the University of Jos is that while applying for UTME, you must have chosen UNIJOS as Your school of first choice on the form
. If you chose UNIJOS as second or third choice, the chances of you being admitted even though you passed the cut-off mark would be really slim.
Having chosen UNIJOS as your university of first choice, ensure that you scored nothing less than 180 in your UTME. This is stage one of the cut-off mark phase.
Stage two of the cut-off mark phase is that the various departments in UNIJOS all have different cut-off marks that qualifies prospective candidates for a spot in their department.
For example, in the Faculty of Engineering, while the other departments under the Faculty of Engineering all have 200 as their cut-off marks, the department of mining engineering has their cut-off mark fixed on 180. Once you meet these requirements, proceed to the POST UTME phase.
How to Apply for UNIJOS post UTME screening form
To be able to commence your post UTME screening and fill the form, you would need to pay the sun of two thousand naira which is non-refundable via online transaction.
- Begin the process by logging into the site: https://portal.unijos.edu.ng/.
- Tap on the “programme” bar because that’s what matters at the moment.
- then, click on UTME/DE screening, type in your JAMB regisration number and get started.
- You would be sent a confirmation link to the valid email address you opened your account with and would be required to continue the application process through the link that was sent to your email.
- Once you log into your personalized dashboard, select the “pay screening charge” option.
- Select the payment option that’s suitable for you and pay the two thousand naira.
- Once payment is made, you’ll get access to the screening form. Fill and complete the screening form as instructed and print it out.
- Keep the printed screening form with you and wait for the school to get back to you on the next line of action.
Goodluck and all the best.